2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

Why the Hell did Roberts use Kershaw in the 9th with a 4 run lead ? No reason to use your number 1 starter in that circumstance , especially with his back problems. They deserve to lose.

Do whatever it takes to win. I could see Sox using Porcello and/or Eovaldi in game 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

over/under on what inning we will see the first base runner tonight with these to studs on the bump? 

1st inning. Betts or JD will get on. But Sale might allow a runner too.

Drew Pomeranz made the WS roster? Wtf....

• Like 1

Hope someone breaks Utley's leg this series...….payback for Ruben Tejada. I know it was a legal take out at the time. Unfortunately because of that play , MLB changed the rules about sliding into 2nd. If MLB isn't careful , they will ruin the game with mound visits and proposed pitch clock. Give me old school baseball and football for that matter.

• Like 1

Hope someone breaks Utley's leg this series...….payback for Ruben Tejada. I know it was a legal take out at the time. Unfortunately because of that play , MLB changed the rules about sliding into 2nd. If MLB isn't careful , they will ruin the game with mound visits and proposed pitch clock. Give me old school baseball and football for that matter.

If not for Machado, Pedroia would be playing right now.

Red Sox announce that Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski, who threw out the first pitch of Game One of the 2004, 2007 and 2013 World Series, will once again throw the ceremonial first pitch of a World Series Game One hosted at Fenway Park. The Red Sox won each one of those previous games.

19 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Red Sox announce that Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski, who threw out the first pitch of Game One of the 2004, 2007 and 2013 World Series, will once again throw the ceremonial first pitch of a World Series Game One hosted at Fenway Park. The Red Sox won each one of those previous games.

I used to copy Yaz’s batting stance playing wiffle ball in the back yard. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Rat said:

Not only did they change the rules to "protect" infielders and catchers, but they don't enforce them.  I know that taking out the 2nd baseman/shortstop and home plate collisions are dangerous, but they were always part of the game.  I love baseball, but watching pitchers step off and batter step out isn't entertaining.  

Anyone remember “Tony C” ? It was 50 years ago when he got hit in the eye. He made a comeback but was never the same. 

There’s a great sports bar called Tony Cs in Boston. Used to be Jerry Remys but he had to cash out to pay for his sons legal issues, supposedly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There’s a great sports bar called Tony Cs in Boston. Used to be Jerry Remys but he had to cash out to pay for his sons legal issues, supposedly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And Tony C’s niece is one of those wannabe Instagram models.

40 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Not only did they change the rules to "protect" infielders and catchers, but they don't enforce them.  I know that taking out the 2nd baseman/shortstop and home plate collisions are dangerous, but they were always part of the game.  I love baseball, but watching pitchers step off and batter step out isn't entertaining.  

Remember when Pete Rose took out Ray Fosse at home ?.....and that was just the All-Star game. I always hated Rose for beating on little Bud Harrelson. But that was the good ole days. 

Barnes (8th inning guy) coming in for the 5th inning means Porcello or Eovaldi will have to pitch later in game. Same approach Cora took during Yankees and Astros series. Try to win tonight and worry about other games when they come I guess.

1st inning. Betts or JD will get on. But Sale might allow a runner too.

Drew Pomeranz made the WS roster? Wtf....

Hmmmm. Looks like I was correct about the 1st inning