grampy

2018 Baseball Thread

Love this Torres kid! Already breaking long time Yankees records. Some say he's the next Jeter, or Yankee great. I say, let the kid play for a few more years, and see where he shakes out. He does have all the tools to be a great one. We'll see.

For sure, there is some outstanding young talent, playing now for the Sox and Yanks! As a lifetime fan of the game, this is as good as it gets folks!

Right now throughout baseball, there are some exciting  players to watch. Even at my local single A level, at Joe Bruno stadium, with the Valley Cats. These are the 'good ol' days', for baseball! 

• Like 1

Love this Torres kid! Already breaking long time Yankees records. Some say he's the next Jeter, or Yankee great. I say, let the kid play for a few more years, and see where he shakes out. He does have all the tools to be a great one. We'll see.
For sure, there is some outstanding young talent, playing now for the Sox and Yanks! As a lifetime fan of the game, this is as good as it gets folks!
Right now throughout baseball, there are some exciting  players to watch. Even at my local single A level, at Joe Bruno stadium, with the Valley Cats. These are the 'good ol' days', for baseball! 

Good point. Once he puts in 3-4 great years in a row, then it means something. Great start to young career tho. Starting young and playing well allows you to become superstar at 25 like Betts who’s in 5th year already. A guy like Judge started MLB so late that it’s tough for him to put up huge career numbers just for lack of time to do it

Funny story, All my buddies are diehard Yankees fans and my 1 friend hit me up last night saying Gleyber has 9HR in 27 games so 1 every 3 games not even Betts can do that lol. But he was Wrong! Betts has 17 in 47 so 1 in every 2.8 games! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

2 games difference, not 1 actually.

Sox magic Number is 163 - 35 wins - 15 yanks losses = 113

Yanks magic Number is 163 - 32 wins - 16 Red Sox losses = 115

You didn’t answer the question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sonny Gray looking shaky early in. 

Looked like the moose last week.  Def looking shaky and that's even with an ump with a big zone tonite.  

Gonna need that #1 offense tonite.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Looked like the moose last week.  Def looking shaky and that's even with an ump with a big zone tonite.  

Gonna need that #1 offense tonite.

Gardner and judge !!! Me like

• Like 1

You didn’t answer the question

I only said magic Number

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Anyone mention Yankees need some pitching ?!

Here here!!

Yankees getting spanked. They need pitching like someone crossing the desert, needs a drink!

Mike Trout is a slouch.

In all seriousness, i think he has a very good chance to the best ever.

Yankees getting spanked. They need pitching like someone crossing the desert, needs a drink!

But Kahnle comes back today right?

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But Kahnle comes back today right?

Yes and not so well.  Trout may get chance to go 6 for 6.  Never has it been done against yanks.  

Yes and not so well.  Trout may get chance to go 6 for 6.  Never has it been done against yanks.  

Haha. Got ya! Of course I knew Kahnle shit the bed

• Like 1

Yanks lineup today?? McNeil as DH , why not Austin?? He was hot and then had to sit when Bird came back.  And Boone moving Torres to middle of the lineup is a great idea just maybe not today vs Verlander.  I like Sanchez hitting third, should be him or even Torres if he stays at pace.  Would like to see Gardner, Torres, Sanchez, Judge, Stanton, Bird, Gregorious, etc.   

This kid pitching today has some stuff but not command.  Is he out there for experience cause they think beating Verlander  is a fluke with any starter,...

Yanks lineup today?? McNeil as DH , why not Austin?? He was hot and then had to sit when Bird came back.  And Boone moving Torres to middle of the lineup is a great idea just maybe not today vs Verlander.  I like Sanchez hitting third, should be him or even Torres if he stays at pace.  Would like to see Gardner, Torres, Sanchez, Judge, Stanton, Bird, Gregorious, etc.   
This kid pitching today has some stuff but not command.  Is he out there for experience cause they think beating Verlander  is a fluke with any starter,...

Finally Didi back to the 7th, but once again pitching wins out.

Sox won again. No Mookie, no problem. 9 out of last 11 I think.

Sox won again. No Mookie, no problem. 9 out of last 11 I think.

So his WAR is zero 🤷‍♂️

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

So his WAR is zero 🤷‍♂️

Or 2nd to only Mike Trout

Double header today versus Detroit. Judge 0/9 with a bunch of whiffs 

8K set the record. 5K in the 2nd game alone.

All Rise

No posts when Sale is getting knocked around?

-Mitch Hedberg