grampy

2018 Baseball Thread

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Who fielded that cargo shot at 6'?!!

Not Archie Bradley.   

Trying to figure out how anyone could catch a ball 6’ off the bat. 

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not Archie Bradley.   

Trying to figure out how anyone could catch a ball 6’ off the bat. 

Looks like it was hit to second, must be a typo

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Looks like it was hit to second, must be a typo

Maybe 6’ before hitting ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Check out who number 1 and number 2 are!

JD has the most (113) balls hit over 95! That’s crazy.

f3aa7b9d39024b87be1debef1b7ba25f.heic

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Max 110mph? Sissies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Max 110mph? Sissies.

Better Stats don’t lie. Rather better numbers than a guy who gets a hit only 24% of the time like Stanton.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Better Stats don’t lie. Rather better numbers than a guy who gets a hit only 24% of the time like Stanton.

Hey! Leave Stanton alone!  Ya boo bird.

This last week he seems to have lit a fire under his a$$!  Bout time!  Will see how long it lasts. But if this guy catches fire for the next half of the season, the Yanks will really pile up the runs.

Hey! Leave Stanton alone!  Ya boo bird.

This last week he seems to have lit a fire under his a$$!  Bout time!  Will see how long it lasts. But if this guy catches fire for the next half of the season, the Yanks will really pile up the runs.

Runs are great for winning games in regular seasons. But in the playoffs, you need pitching when only top Starters are throwing. You aren’t facing 4 and 5 starters of bad teams in October. Maybe trade Stanton for a SP? Yanks as is, will get SMOKED by Astros or Sox in October. Yanks rotation is worse than last year, Sox and Astros got better.

Watching Sox / Twins and some guy on the Twins has 32 doubles already. Unreal.

Runs are great for winning games in regular seasons. But in the playoffs, you need pitching when only top Starters are throwing. You aren’t facing 4 and 5 starters of bad teams in October. Maybe trade Stanton for a SP? Yanks as is, will get SMOKED by Astros or Sox in October. Yanks rotation is worse than last year, Sox and Astros got better.

Runs are always great. Like the two run HR El Gary just hit to tie this game

-Mitch Hedberg

And Stanton walks it off

• Like 1

-Mitch Hedberg

Again, as built right now the Astros and Sox are in better position to win WS. Yanks will need to add starters.

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Again, as built right now the Astros and Sox are in better position to win WS. Yanks will need to add starters.

yanks 3/3 with Boston, 5/2 with Houston   

yanks 3/3 with Boston, 5/2 with Houston   

That means nothing. I’m sure they faced pitchers they will never see in playoffs. Playoffs are a totally different game.

But we got Day Baseball today!

Yanks at 1pm and Sox at 1pm

I’m sensing a Sheffield/Florial for Degrom deal with the NY Baseball Mets

-Mitch Hedberg

I’m sensing a Sheffield/Florial for Degrom deal with the NY Baseball Mets

Yea they could use DeGrom or JBJ to pitch? He threw the fastest throw from OF the other night. 103.4 mph

Yankees and Mets never make deals with each other.  Besides, Mets are asking for the entire farm for anyone looking in deGrom's direction.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea they could use DeGrom or JBJ to pitch? He threw the fastest throw from OF the other night. 103.4 mph

JBJ hits like a pitcher

-Mitch Hedberg

JBJ hits like a pitcher

Yea it’s bad. Of Guys who qualify for batting title, I think only Chris Davis is worse than JBJ then Gary Sanchez and Joey Gallo?

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea it’s bad. Of Guys who qualify for batting title, I think only Chris Davis is worse than JBJ then Gary Sanchez and Joey Gallo?

Sanchez who leads all catchers in HR and RBI? That Gary? Youre more in love with him than you were with Judge last year lol

-Mitch Hedberg

Sanchez who leads all catchers in HR and RBI? That Gary? Youre more in love with him than you were with Judge last year lol

Yes, how many other qualified hitters are under .200? Maybe Gallo is over?