It's a race........Beat The Spammer

Lawdwaz

56 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

We do ban spammers , but it's after the fact . We do not have a tool to check someone before they join . Once we see the crap posted , we are able to ban an individual / IP address and delete their posts . 

Thanks for efforts of all:drinks:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fasteddie said:

We do ban spammers , but it's after the fact . We do not have a tool to check someone before they join . Once we see the crap posted , we are able to ban an individual / IP address and delete their posts . 

OK! I am not trying being a dick, but I have some questions. This forum is running off Invision software correct? After some looking, this forum software is built on "Invision Community" ( not the best ). Does that not have functions to make the forum mode to approve new memberships? Even free places like ProBoards and Forum-Motion have that ability out of the box. Not sure what this place has for a hosting platform, but you can do better on the software. Just my opinion.

I give major props to the staff here on combating this spam crap.! 

5 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Rob - What part of we don't have the capability to approve memberships on this site . Hopefully the site owner is working on it . Until then we have to wait until after the facts and take care of business . 

What part of me giving the mods respect don't you get? I have been an owner on MSN Groups years ago, I have run free sites, and actually owned full on web sites, yeah, actual sites. Learning code is a PITA!

I am not giving anyone crap! Just trying to explain to people who have no clue what it takes to run a site. But, yes, I will admit, this site has issues.

It takes a lot of work to own and run a site! It's not a part time job, to own a site! You need to be there and get shit done!  This new age BS of making a site just to cash in with ads is crap! Sorry, Ed, not sure what you want from me. 

7 hours ago, Rob... said:

What part of me giving the mods respect don't you get? I have been an owner on MSN Groups years ago, I have run free sites, and actually owned full on web sites, yeah, actual sites. Learning code is a PITA!

I am not giving anyone crap! Just trying to explain to people who have no clue what it takes to run a site. But, yes, I will admit, this site has issues.

It takes a lot of work to own and run a site! It's not a part time job, to own a site! You need to be there and get shit done!  This new age BS of making a site just to cash in with ads is crap! Sorry, Ed, not sure what you want from me. 

Your response to Eddie doesn’t even make sense. 

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

you have to wonder what person/people decide that the last thing they do every night and the first thing they do in the morning is to rush to a NY hunters site to write in chinese......

Must be Mom is up early doing laundry in the basement and wakes them up or something......Maybe in the evening they get upset when they run out of hot pockets and mtn dew playing video games and need to take it out on someone.  

Cause really if they are in these colleges as listed would think maybe some studying would be a good idea. Or at least go out to try to make some friends.....lol