Visitors

Doc

Ok, this may sound like a drunken hallucination, but I promise it was not. I had just come in from doing a bunch of yard work, and was sitting on the couch watching TV for a bit when something caught my eye out the window. I looked out and two yearling Hereford bulls were casually strolling across the middle of the lawn heading up into the woods and up the hill. I have no idea where they came from or where they were going. I called down to my sister's place and apparently they saw them walking down the center of the highway and called 911 and reported them to the county sheriff's department. My place is way off the road and surrounded by woods, so I am quite used to seeing all kinds of deer wandering around the yard, but cows are a whole different thing.....lol.

I  have got to believe that they are a long way from wherever they came from and are working on getting themselves completely lost. I don't think anyone will ever get them back. I mean they were heading into a large stretch of unbroken steep wooded area. The one guy that raises beef cattle in the area was called and he claimed that all his are accounted for. I'm not sure what else could be done. I know that they represent a big chunk of money, but probably won't be seen in this area again.

• Like 1

I would notify the sheriffs department. They definitely belong to somebody, a couple head are worth a few dollars and somebody must know they are missing. They may be a couple of feeder steers that somebody nearby may have just bought. If they are bulls, be aware they are around. The younger bulls may be starting to feel "manly" and can sometimes be aggressive. The only problem is, they can wander a long ways. When the nearest heifer comes into heat that is probably where they will end up!