Don't we have anyone else from region 6?

capt_terry

6K here I think..lol West Amboy. By Happy Valley WMU. I'm finding the areas and WMUs a little confusing,but I think I will manage some how. I'm hoping when I purchase my license,that the seller has all the answers,cause I sure dont.

Give a call to the DEC or stop in the regional office in Syracuse to get a brochure on Happy Valley. It will give a detail of the area. You can also buy the Geological Survey maps for the area (2 maps) which will help you greatly. It took us a number of years to learn the area effectively, but it is worth it. I dont have a chance to do much more than drive through it a couple times a year nowadays. You can also google earth Churchill Rd and Happy Valley Rd. in Oswego County  for a good view. Both roads pierce the rea north to south, and are almost entirely public lands throughout.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is some state land you can hunt over by the Prison in Rome. If going from Rome to Verona on RT365 it would be on your right. I do beleive that it is marked. Also if you don't mind a little ride down in Brookfield they have many acres of state land out at the horse trails. I hunt on private land in Vernon and Vernon Center but my aunt and uncle have about 90 acres I also hunt in Brookfield that is surrounded by all that state land.

i hunt vernon center and around skyline drive. lots of nice deer that way. it amazes me the difference in quantity and quality of deer from my home location right near rte 5 and just a mile up skyline makes haha

Anyone seeing black bears in their area? im in a-bay (6g) i only have access to public land and have been fortunate enough to fill my buck tag with a great deer , but now im on the move to fill the bear tag and this will be my first season going after one....so any info you would like to pass on would be great.

BE SAFE!!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Taberg area here. 6K. I own 340 acres and pretty much hunt my farm. How's the hunting been in this area for 2015? My sons and I saw very few deer and only could muster up one deer (doe). Would like to hear from others hunters of their experience in 6K this fall.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...