Fawns

fasteddie

Haven't pulled cards since the first. Will change them out this weekend and should see some by then. I stumble across one about every other year or so. Always a special moment.

Found this one on May 22nd two years ago. Took a quick pic, and left it alone besides that.

IMG_2755.JPG

• Like 8

I got this pic last night. With the long lanky legs and what appears to be a tiny head, I at first thought it was a fawn. But it does appear to be quite tall for a fawn this early. Hopefully I'll get some daytime pics soon. I figured another week or 2 before they start to drop. 

image.png

• Like 2

Im most certain I seen a doe giving birth at about 5:20am this morning on my drive in to work in Gorham on rt364.. It Looked like she was really working for something big.. unless she was constipated.  

I'd expect Wooly will have some great pics for us pretty soon! Heard he went for a hike the other day to his "spot" lol

• Like 2

Im most certain I seen a doe giving birth at about 5:20am this morning on my drive in to work in Gorham on rt364.. It Looked like she was really working for something big.. unless she was constipated.  
I'd expect Wooly will have some great pics for us pretty soon! Heard he went for a hike the other day to his "spot" lol
I go through there every day to work and back. I'll be headed there in about 20 minutes so I'll keep a watch out for a bloated doe. Lol

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PREDATE said:

I go through there every day to work and back. I'll be headed there in about 20 minutes so I'll keep a watch out for a bloated doe. Lol

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

If you were heading north it would be the last plowed/planted field on the left(west) side, before you hit 45mph.. She was back in the corner. 

• Like 1

Few days ago I noticed a doe in the uncut alfalfa field that is alongside the dirt road that goes up my friends lot on lake ontario just inside Orleans County. She was just standing there watching me as I drove by, and seemed to go in circles and was carrying fawn it was quite obvious. So I had 2 cams set along the trees by the road to see if she would be dropping any fawns. I checked cams today and it looks like one joined the family. Pics aren't great but the fawn is there.

field12 008.JPG

field12 007.JPG

field12 006.JPG

field12 005.JPG

• Like 3

Seen a few while mowing clients lawns. First one was on the 18th.  

Seeing lots of does in fields during the middle of the day all alone. 

On the farm I hunt, the owner was cutting one of his fields.  A doe a running around frantically.  Hopefully the little ones jumped up and ran in time. 

This fawn I saw this morning sure had survival instincts.   It look as if the fawn had come out from the underneath of this old hunting camp.  Well as soon as I stopped, the fawn froze, starring at me, and slowly started leaning forward, and slowwwwly lowered his, or herself to the ground like you see pictured.  I had never seen it before.  

20180611_062156.jpg

• Like 5