2018 Quebec Spring Bear Hunt

moog5050

Luck to you Brian, Bob and all others in tow. 
Yea, don’t shoot a dink. BTDT.  He did look HUGE next to the barrel and I poked him sooo fast with the .280 you wouldn’t believe it.  I climbed down and found him 50-60 yards back in the bush. Man was I excited!! (Until I figured out I could load him on the 4 wheeler alone). 160lbs of pure fighting fury.
Have a great & safe hunt guys!!

160? That’s a monster compared to one I killed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You luck dog .   Good luck to all involved. 

I've been fortunate enough to harvest two bears with the bow ( compound) in Maine.  They were around 120 dressed.  Not huge, but I more than happy with those.  

Also, I absolutely love bear meat. It's delicious. 

33 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

160? That’s a monster compared to one I killed emoji15.png

Well it looks like I'm going to have to dig out a picture from MANY moons ago........my buddy's bear weighed 355 and it really looked like a monster.

Lets keep this thread rollin'........................

6 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Well it looks like I'm going to have to dig out a picture from MANY moons ago........my buddy's bear weighed 355 and it really looked like a monster.

I think a 350lb spring bear is an absolute monster.   Not even hoping for that..... but wouldn’t be sad. Lol

• Like 1

I have one nice PY bear that’s 325 from the Spring and a 240 from the Fall that was my first. And one other one that I can’t remember the weight...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

YOu are probably long gone, but I just found the thread....

I have been on spring bear 6 times, and love it. The chill mornings and evenings, the quiet of the woods, the sudden mysterious appearance of the black spot in the woods as it moves closer (or just suddenly appears 10 yards away)...I am hoping you have your thermocell and refills. Keep your head net / gloves and duct tape with you! If you have the patience....all bears look big in the woods until you get used to looking at them. Unless you have a truly monstrous one show up right off the bat, try to sit it out so you can compare sizes. Sometimes you can see multiple bears the same sitting. One great evening I had seven different bears coming and going all evening long! It was great!

• Like 2

Awesome. Good luck. I remember a few years back you saying you would only hunt deer and I said guessed that would change. Now your onto furbearers and Bears! Looking forward to pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Hope bugs aren't too bad....

Black flies (or whatever the fugg they are) were HORRID today in the turkey woods.  Even the mosquito squadron was flying strong.........

Funny (NOT) was the fact that I even remembered to get the bug spray off the shelf in the garage last night and since the garage door was down, I just brought it in and set it on the kitchen table, figuring I'd just grab it and my gun and hit the road.  Nope......somehow it ended up sitting on the snowblower and not in my truck all day.  That's what you get when you get up at 3am, confusion. :)

I got to my buddies at 10:30 after a 150 mile hike and he looked at me funny as I had squished bugs in the corners of my eyes and cheeks.  Can't imagine how many I swallowed.

Have fun bear hunting guys!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm thinking they have no cell or net service where they are?

No doubt, we'll will be among the first to hear how everything shakes out!

Yeah no cell service up there. I think Moog actually ended up with my spot, as I wasnt able to go with everything I had going buying the new place. I havent seen any Facebook posts yet.

• Like 1

Not much cell service.  Short update.  Having fun.  Some late nights after hunting playing cards etc.  Weather was tough first 2 days.   Cold and wet is not good for baited hunts. No bugs but that also means no bear.  

No bear down yet. 2 of the group had a bear come in but didn’t get shots.  My site was real quite for the first 3 hunts.  Going to use a rifle starting now.  Heading to a new site now that had a bear hit it yesterday.  We shall see.  Fishing is picking up.  2 pike and 2 bass in a few hours this morning. 

If I find service again, we will keep you posted.  Bob and his buddies Terry and Zac are a riot.  

• Like 10