Craziest thing you've ever found in the woods

StevieSacs

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

Does this count? I found it while trout fishing this spring near a parking area. Definitely at the top of weird for my finds! IMG_20170418_161414489.jpeg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That all looks a little to "Posed". Everything all neat and tidy? Mental note, never invite chrisw to hunt or camp. :O

That all looks a little to "Posed". Everything all neat and tidy? Mental note, never invite chrisw to hunt or camp. :O
Haha I'm telling you that's exactly how it layed, I certainly didn't "pose" anything... Go to airport Rd in Camillus and walk between the road and Ninemile Creek and see for yourself!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

On 5/17/2018 at 10:22 PM, chrisw said:

Haha I'm telling you that's exactly how it layed, I certainly didn't "pose" anything... Go to airport Rd in Camillus and walk between the road and Ninemile Creek and see for yourself!

Glad I hunt remote Adirondacks after seeing that; maybe a "self help" group meets there regularly......

• 5 weeks later...

Wife and I took a walk around Canadice Lake last year or the year before......this is "off" the trail so to speak.  :)

No motor vehicles have been allowed in there for many years, maybe it was a kids field car??

Anybody know what it is?

JonQLWB.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Wife and I took a walk around Canadice Lake last year or the year before......this is "off" the trail so to speak.  :)

No motor vehicles have been allowed in there for many years, maybe it was a kids field car??

Anybody know what it is?

JonQLWB.jpg

I’m curious too so been googling Pontiac / Chrysler’s of the 60’s. Most are longer with bigger looking trunks. Onto the 70’s next.  This is more fun than researching who built that dildo found :pleasantry:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Anybody know what it is?

JonQLWB.jpg

I have no idea what make or model or year that car is, but my wife and I saw that car a couple years ago when we were hiking that road. We didn't walk over to get a closer look, but the thing has been there a long time by the looks of it. It's got kind of a Ford Falcon-ish look to it. Probably some nifty story behind it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I have no idea what make or model or year that car is, but my wife and I saw that car a couple years ago when we were hiking that road. We didn't walk over to get a closer look, but the thing has been there a long time by the looks of it. It's got kind of a Ford Falcon-ish look to it. Probably some nifty story behind it.

I agree that it looks Falcon-ish...Also looks about 63 or 64 ish…..  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Nice to see you come out of the shadows for a peak!

Not surprised you've seen the car too.........

I thought falcon too but the C pillar and indents on the sides are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/19/2018 at 7:27 AM, Lawdwaz said:

Anybody know what it is?

JonQLWB.jpg

I think you might have found one of Doc's Hunting Blinds ! 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, fasteddie said:

I think you might have found one of Doc's Hunting Blinds ! 

You know, a little camo paint job and some brushing in and it would make a great blind. They should have left the seats in there. You could use the dash board for a gun-rest.

I have run into old horse-drawn implements on top of the hill where there are all mature trees and no fields. One old horse drawn potato hiller was tipped up against a big old dead tree.  If you look real close you can see lines of bigger older trees that likely were some old hedge-row, and some huge rock piles that look completely out of place in the middle of the woods. Here and there I have noted ax-cut trees and old horse trails down the hill where the early farmers brought out firewood and lumber trees. I have found the remnants of an old sap-house. If you look hard enough, there are all kinds of stories of farm life of many years ago that can really get your imagination going. Our old family farm house is over 160 years old now. so it has seen a lot of families come and go, each one making their mark on the landscape, leaving a record of their lives there.

• Like 1

I once found a balloon addressed from a group in Canada.  Attached was a pic of Jesus rear ending another Jesus with words "Jesus F'n Christ".  It went back to camp and was fed to the wood stove.

I once walked up to a white chicken in the middle of the woods.  I said to it, "Enjoy your last day on earth" and walked on.

One day while bow hunting I saw some movement and got ready.  A few minutes later a goat walked by.  Not exactly sure where he came from.

Many years ago in the middle of early morning gunfire of the opening day of southern tier gun season I had a jogger come running by.  I told him to leave and he did.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:31 PM, XGX7PM said:

Not sure what the story is with this. It's near an old logging road, my Dad thought it may have been used as part of a pulley system to get downed trees to the road.imageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771

It is not near the property lines.

20180623_204506.jpg

20180623_204525.jpg

I am not really sure, but there have been some unique hardware left behind in the woods that are related to the oil drilling industry in southern NYS and PA. People have found old hit & miss engines and a system of push-rods strung throughout the woods that powered pumps for oil-well drilling. Perhaps this is a part of some pulley system used for this purpose.

• 2 weeks later...