2018 mushroom hunting

PREDATE

I'm up to a couple dozen. As always "when in doubt, throw it out".

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Let’s see I’ve eaten Hen of the woods(my clear favorite of what I have so far); oysters(food fresh a little woody frozen after being sautéed); chicken of the woods(good for risotto; pheasant back/dryad saddle (like those in a quick pickle); honey fungus (also in my risotto); and a few chanterelles (just sautéed to taste and almost died); puff balls (never again); mica caps ( not worth all he cleaning). Think that’s it and I am happy - all thanks to Predate and his knowledge.

Next year I NEED to find a morel(and fiddleheads but not a shroom)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
e0e888cc912d75bda90645d10311054c.jpg&key=87c9929e907cc1183d3fd186120c07fb015e176a2b0eb9adee711a1bd6074518

e7af0de6d388c639e93b62d398b22d2b.jpg&key=6e83dd51b94d99c11964c77d87d3c67226533daaf35846d5125f9b833cd283fa

Anyone know what these are and if they are edible?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems
Look somewhat like Parasol mushroom buttons. I can't be sure from the pics. Personally I'd steer clear. There is a look alike called the false parasol sometimes known as The Vomiter.

Look somewhat like Parasol mushroom buttons. I can't be sure from the pics. Personally I'd steer clear. There is a look alike called the false parasol sometimes known as The Vomiter.

Hey Predate! Long time bud. After some research, I suspected these were gem studded puff balls. We cut one up and it looks pretty good, white and firm. I’ll take more pics when there’s daylight again.

Hey Predate! Long time bud. After some research, I suspected these were gem studded puff balls. We cut one up and it looks pretty good, white and firm. I’ll take more pics when there’s daylight again.

Hey Shawn, good to see ya back!
I looked closer after I posted and came to the same conclusion. The brownish "gems" threw me off. They're usually all white when young and fresh.