It's the last weekend..

mowin

I plan on going out at least once.  So much work to do for clients, that I'm not sure I'll be able to get up more than once this weekend.  I'm old... Lol. But my nephew might be able to get me out of bed a couple times. 

• Like 1

I have Thursday & Friday to hunt. Weekends have been a no go most of the season, they are set aside to get things for wedding, this weekend even more so. For those who have ever decided to cater and design your own wedding, you know getting up at 4, hunting, then shopping with the future Mrs' will take more out of you in one day then a week of deer hunting all day. LOL! Depending on whether maybe a day or two next week.

At least this season I actually saw a bird in the area I was set up in. That in itself is a triumph in my book for me.

• Like 2

gonna plan on sat morn as I have a BBQ to go to that day as well so wont go on the lake, then prob one of the sunday or monday morns and fish the other one.  Last two chances.  I usually have my best luck last weekend of season, but my best spot has been kinda cold this year.  And its tough to stay off the lake if the weather is good- but there will be a lot of boaters out this weekend too and I also took wed off to fish.   Good luck to all who get out, lets make lots of posts of Turkeys with big headaches! 

Rob-- hit that spot that you saw in one of the uploaded Gobbler pics that you guessed right. That is where I would be at 4.15am .  I am pulling for you!!  Be the first to park! I would be sipping coffee there at 3.30am.
You're talking about the photo I posted? Yeah, I don't think he's going to want to hunt there. If you want to give it a rip though I'd be happy to send you directions. I'm sure the rest of us would at least get a laugh over the headlines about the nut in full camo stalking around behind the little league fields with his shotgun, inside village limits. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It’s crazy how the woods popped with greenery recently. I’ll be calling for my cousin again tomorrow trying to get him his first bird. Maybe next week too. Last hurrah probably Memorial Day calling for daughter.  I’m happy to be tagged out but also a tad sad. At least I get to call for a few people and enjoy the turkey woods. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, alloutdoors said:

You're talking about the photo I posted? Yeah, I don't think he's going to want to hunt there. If you want to give it a rip though I'd be happy to send you directions. I'm sure the rest of us would at least get a laugh over the headlines about the nut in full camo stalking around behind the little league fields with his shotgun, inside village limits. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

:rofl: Now that right there is funny as hell! I would make the drive out there just to see if Bill would try and hit up the corn fields just up the road on the other side. LOL!

Bill, I recognized the area because I spend/have spent a lot of time in the Schoharie Valley ( not as much as the folks who live there though ). I knew/recognized the covered bridge from Lilly Park, I have a few pics from there on a weekend camping trip. I knew they didn't kill the bird there, but it is a pretty cool backdrop for a pic. You cannot hunt there, it's in the village limits of Schoharie. 

Edited by Rob...

On 5/24/2018 at 1:26 AM, Bill Schmidt said:

Up early for a crack at that Gobbler. Would rather sleep in,but time is running out to fill my 2nd tag.         Rob-- with all due respect to you- obviously, I do not know  the area of pic in question. Just trying to give you advice to help punch the tag of Turkey#4.    I would tell you for your last hunt or 2 to ditch the blind and stay on the slow move and call softly. Luck to you.

First, it was a joke about the area, some of us roam when camping and hunting, not everyone hangs out in their own back yard!. You never venture up North, at least to my understanding!. 2nd, I guess you haven't been paying attention Bill. I haven't used a blind at all this season. In the couple days I got to hunt last season I never used a blind! Two years ago I didn't use a blind either, I didn't have one! This year I have not used a blind.

I will put this as calmly as I can. I will not, ever, try to pull a run&gun turkey hunt on the public land I hunt! It's just not safe!

You seem to be patronizing me. I'm OK with that!

Bill, I hope you hammer that Tom you are chasing. Best of luck to you.