Last night as a firefighter !

Nomad

So,after 28 years it ends at 0800 hours. Very bittersweet,love the job and the men ,but my time has passed, an old boss stopped by and told how I was a beast, well not anymore, time to step aside for the new beasts .

Ill miss the fires, the brotherhood, and drinking IPAs with cute TV news reporters , but I’m tired of the BS and being a shadow of past self.

557526B7-0F4D-4FB9-A39F-16E9D4D10CA4.jpeg

F35D8C09-950C-4140-97C9-45E4873F08F4.png

50F6505C-1DD2-4656-AB3F-2C4CBB416F2E.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

It was a actually quite emotional leaving this morning . But last night every fire truck in the city came by my firehouse , many chiefs and former co workers stopped by as well .

Four guys retired off my shift last night 2 LTs and 2 Capts, with a combined 146 of experience.

Its more then a job, we have softball teams ,hockey teams, golf leagues, bowling leagues, trips to Vegas, cruises ,a Dozen or more shoot in a 3D league , hunting trips,fishing tournaments you name it ,there always stuff to do . A FF can retire and have less to do , as odd as the sounds .

But bad weather during deer season won’t mean to much now, I’ll just roll over, and wait for better weather .

We plan on going South for a bit over the winter, and takes some small trips this summer, our dog is holding us back from major traveling right now .

Thanks everyone !

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 7

Well deserved congrats!

I'm a, retired, 32 year veteran of law enforcement, relax and get enjoying the stuff you've always missed out on. I surely miss a few clowns, but the the circus!!!

I only missed the action on the day I packed up the department equipment as I sat on the edge of my bed alone crying like hell. It is an adjustment, but enjoy your friends and family.... 

Stay well and congrats!!!!! 

• Like 4

Life is a journey and your 28 yrs. was just a big part of that journey. There are more roads to travel and more things to do. Tomorrow begins another part of that journey you surely  will be able to enjoy. Good Luck:hi:

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2