Facebook idiots get ticketed by the DEC

Steuben Jerry

Ha- I love it when I hear guys say the DEC doesn't have time to monitor sites like FB and.... well... this one!

Keep posting those sweet pics and telling us all about all those illegal activities you participate in when outdoors! :good:

• Like 1

Never seen anybody get a ticket for taking a pic but if u are fishing for  a specific fish that is out of seaseon that could be your ass depending on the Eco ....now if u were standing there for 5 min with the fish well then u are a idiot lol takes less than a minute in today's world to snap a pic 

Edited by silent death

39 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I saw a guy and his son catch a small mouth at Burt damn over the weekend ,they posed for a quick picture before letting it go , I think I remember reading that even that is illegal.

They changed the law this year, you can take pics with out of season catches.

• Like 1

That not cool those regulations are put into place to protect spawning i am a catch and release fisherman sucks when people do this but it goes on everywere it sucks when someone takes a 6lb bass take the little ones do you know how long it takes a largemouth to get that big a long time i believe its 8 to 10 years

On 5/27/2018 at 7:26 PM, KMurph332 said:

That not cool those regulations are put into place to protect spawning i am a catch and release fisherman sucks when people do this but it goes on everywere it sucks when someone takes a 6lb bass take the little ones do you know how long it takes a largemouth to get that big a long time i believe its 8 to 10 years

i caught a small mouth in Canadarago Lake and it was  20", healthy and football shaped. It was metal lip banded. I called DEC and it was so old they had to go to paper records to get the information. They had no idea any fish from that tagging were still around.  I caught her in the early 90's. She had been tagged and release at the state boat launch 14 years prior with an estimated age of 2 at the time. I caught her about 200 yards north of the that same boat launch. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

i caught a small mouth in Canadarago Lake and it was  20", healthy and football shaped. It was metal lip banded. I called DEC and it was so old they had to go to paper records to get the information. They had no idea any fish from that tagging were still around.  I caught her in the early 90's. She had been tagged and release at the state boat launch 14 years prior with an estimated age of 2 at the time. I caught her about 200 yards north of the that same boat launch. 

That is really cool

4 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

thats very cool .  Used to fish Canadarango some.  Nice smallies and largemouth in there.  Used to see a lot of gold fish across the lake in a real weedy channel , my buddy tried hard to catch one, that was different to see.  I also fished a couple of tourneys there too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

thats very cool .  Used to fish Canadarango some.  Nice smallies and largemouth in there.  Used to see a lot of gold fish across the lake in a real weedy channel , my buddy tried hard to catch one, that was different to see.  I also fished a couple of tourneys there too.  

Nice Tiger Muskies too. 

• Like 1