New little boat

Steuben Jerry

I like having a "truck boat" or two and for the last few years have been using a flat back canoe for fishing the small waters around my area. I found this on Craigslist today from a seller in PA. 12 ft Sea Nymph. It's a lightweight model so it only weighs 100 lbs. I've already got a little 4hp Yamaha outboard to put on it.

Hopefully I'll have an easy time at the DMV tomorrow to transfer it, and can get it wet this weekend. It'll be nice to have a little more elbow room, but still be able to get in the small waters. 

IMG_2761.JPG

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Head up to Canadice or Hemlock for the day, you’ll thank me after. (If you haven’t already been there)

We've taken our canoe on Canadice a couple of times per year. What a beautiful setting! Pic below is our canoe rigged for trout on Canadice. Got a little clamp on downrigger we use. 

I can do great on panfish, but I suck at getting a trout out of that lake. For some reason I've haven't ever been on Hemlock. I think we'll hit one of those lakes this weekend if we can dodge the thunderstorms.

IMG_2762.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Also have a 4hp yamaha

I love that little motor. Light enough to tote around easily.

I just lay it down on the back seat floor when we put the boat in the truck bed. I've left it in the truck overnight before, and not a hint of gas smell the next day. That little built in tank lasts a long time too.

Starts on the second pull after sitting all winter, and the first pull during the summer.

• Like 1