Where is it safe to do broached tuning?

Bobonli

As the title implies, I'm trying to figure out where to safely fire my broad heads  to tune my bow. I'm in Nassau County. Neither of the public ranges (Cedar Creek or Pinewood) allow BH's, nor do the two shops nearest me have targets to accept them. I want to be safe about this and realize I can't be the only one on LI facing this challenge. The residential back yards don't have the legally required footage to permit this.

Any thoughts? 

Please PM me if the proposed solution should not be broadcast to the world.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You can’t bring your own target to the club and shoot broadheads at it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nope! 

The public park archery range is immediately adjacent to the playground!!! There's a fence and a berm separating the two, but god forbid an arrow get away from you and that would be catastrophic, so the park crew drives by the range on a regular basis to make sure people are behaving. The "club" is private and I'm not a member but it's publicly posted "No Broadheads" They stump shoot with Judo points as far as I know.

We are working on setting up a target for broadheads.  I have one you can shoot 25  yards but the longer distance is in the works at this time and should be done well before the season.  If you want to shoot 25 yards I can take you to the club and then when we get our other target set you can test it out at longer distances.  

Let me know if your interested.   Suffolk Archers

I will probably shoot Monday if you have time and want to check it out.  (Sunday looks like a rain out.)

1 hour ago, NFA-ADK said:

We are working on setting up a target for broadheads.  I have one you can shoot 25  yards but the longer distance is in the works at this time and should be done well before the season.  If you want to shoot 25 yards I can take you to the club and then when we get our other target set you can test it out at longer distances.  

Let me know if your interested.   Suffolk Archers

I will probably shoot Monday if you have time and want to check it out.  (Sunday looks like a rain out.)

I may take you up on that offer, Thank you. Yes, tomorrow looks miserable.

I shot there last Sunday for my first time in the Spring Fling. Quite Impressive and a lot closer to me than Pinewood in Ridge.

• Like 1