Ruger 10/22 with 10 round clip.

I guy I work with told me that my son's 10/22 with a 10 round clip has to be registered. Is this true or is he full of sheet? I think the gun shop that I bought it from would have mentioned it if this is the case. It sounds rediculess but this is New York. Anyone have an answer for this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does not need to be registered .... just no more than 7 rounds in the clip !

You’ve owned that gun for a long time and not just received. You can stuff the mag with 10 ! 25 round banana mags are NO good. Great gun. I’ve shot a bazillion rounds through mine. Tack driver still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve owned that gun for a long time and not just received. You can stuff the mag with 10 ! 25 round banana mags are NO good. Great gun. I’ve shot a bazillion rounds through mine. Tack driver still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got it for my 11yr old son about a month ago

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 5/27/2018 at 6:36 AM, GreeneHunter said:

Does not need to be registered .... just no more than 7 rounds in the clip !

You are not limited to 7 rounds in the magazine of a Ruger 10/22.  This just proves these stupid gun laws are purposely designed to confuse gun owners, non-gun owners, and even police.  That's the point of passing them in the first place.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rattler said:

You are not limited to 7 rounds in the magazine of a Ruger 10/22.  This just proves these stupid gun laws are purposely designed to confuse gun owners, non-gun owners, and even police.  That's the point of passing them in the first place.

Probably why I ignore them mostly.