Aluminum fishing boat

loworange88

Hey guys/gals. I’ve got an old 12’ aluminum row boat.  I’d like to quiet the floor down some with some foam mats that I have (harbor freight anti fatigue).   What would be the best way to attach them?  I don’t really want to use spray glue, as it would be difficult to change the mats down the road.  Would 3m double stick strips work?  Thanks for any advice.

What about some quieter shoes or no shoes ?  Crocks are pretty quiet against an aluminum hull.  That is what I use all summer on the 12 and 14 foot aluminum boats up at my in-laws place.  I think your biggest problem with attached foam or rubber mats will be finding something that holds up out in the sun.  Cutting pieces of indoor/outdoor carpeting and just laying them down between the seats when you go fishing might work ok and would make cleanup and replacement easy. 

• Like 1

I take my. Two boys out sometimes.  5 & 9, so they are the loud ones.  

Spray rubber might work, I think you’d need a lot through.  I was going to leave a 1” wide gap down the middle to allow water to run to the rear where I have only 1 drain plug.

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Reminds me of fishing with my Dad as a kid, you make the slightest little noise and he says “WHY DONT YOU JUST DO A CANNONBALL FOR CRISSAKES?!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah pretty much sounds like me too!

• Like 1

Try one of those rubber stall mats for horses, they are heavy/sticky enough you wouldn't need to attach them. They are thick and work great in my FIL side by side bed. Only down side is they off gas for a while so leave it in the weather for a good week if you are bothered by the smell.

Edited by chas0218