OnX Hunt Phone App

Pete Collin

I don’t think that when you make an app purchase it’s tied to the phone. Usually it’s linked to the email associated with your phone. So if you purchase a new phone, you set it up with your email and then all of your contacts and apps will automatically download and be on your new phone. At least that how it works with my iPhone. I would assume that other phones work in the same manner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

How is OnX better than Huntstand which is free ? Just asking ....

Never used Huntstand much as their trial run sucked.......What Onx shows me is property lines that appear to be very accurate, acreage owned and owners name and address.  Even neighborhoods in subdivisions.......

Accuracy for any of what is show needs to be taken with a grain of salt and your mileage may vary.

Try the FREE trial run, good for 7 days but my still works two months later. Hint hint. :)

• Like 1

Oh yea, while turkey hunting last month I marveled at property lines in the woods and how the Onx was spot on what I knew.  Very interesting revelations in other spots where I wasn't always sure if I was trespassing or not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fasteddie said:

How is OnX better than Huntstand which is free ? Just asking ....

I used huntstand last year and xmaps the year before. Xmaps seems more accurate and gives name and address of land owner.  

Address is very useful when looking for permission to hunt in the future. Xmaps also allows you to search for land owned by someones name.

Because of information available on xmaps I got access to over 300 acres last year. 

Xmaps is better in my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

And how much if you wanted Wayne County and the rest of the state?

It's free and I have no need to even look at the rest of the counties as I don't hunt them . But , I can see where others might not have a problem spending money to gain more information . I cannot get boundaries for Yates County either . I use Livingston , Ontario and Monroe .