Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker .338 Win Mag

Time for the big boy to go. Selling a Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .338 win mag with a Leupold VX-2 scope with CDS and Browning rings.

Hard hitting, very accurate rifle with maybe 100 rounds through it. Includes a box of Federal Premium 250gr ammo. Asking $900.

IMG_4163[2].jpg

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

• Like 1

Yes, perfect rifle for a two-fer!

It really is a fun gun to shoot and the recoil isn't nearly as bad as you would think. I once shot a jar of tannerite with it and the combination of the gun and that stuff sounded like a darn nuke went off!   As far as shooting deer with it... well I can honestly say we have had less meat damage with this than the '06s or 270 WSM.  It just seems to make one nice clean BIG hole!  

Speaking of 270WSM, if anyone shoots one, I have a 2 boxes of Federal 130gr. ammo I would be happy give away. I no longer have that gun.

Anyone considering going on some big game hunts that is a very nice rifle and scope along with that 338 Winchester mag cartridge it can handle with ease just about any big game animal that walks and all of them in this part of the world.

Once upon a time I owned a 338 and have fond memories of that rifle, a Sako Finnbear mounted with a 2x7 Leupold scope that had a three inch dot reticle. Killed an Elk a Caribou and three Whitetails along with a bunch of woodchucks I would hunt for practice and for getting a good feel for that rifle in field conditions.

Al

Edited by airedale

8 hours ago, airedale said:

... along with a bunch of woodchucks I would hunt for practice and for getting a good feel for that rifle in field conditions.

Good point... this is an excellent woodchuck rifle! Make an offer, it's gotta go.