War on weeds year 2

Cory

I have a real problem with weeds in my yard one weed especially! I’ve dug them up I’ve tilled the bed and now they are growing across my lawn. Has anyone ever seen these weeds or had any experience with them? The stalk is almost like bamboo.

498718F5-E418-4DE6-A2CE-96D14A392659.jpeg

189BBFC5-8135-446A-8FFE-89A0B3A23C9F.jpeg

I would send that picture to "Roundup" Here is their motto:

Weeds. They're low-down, stubborn little rascals. And we understand them like no other. So if you have a weed control problem, you can bet we have a weed control product for it. One that'll get you back to kicking back and enjoying your great outdoors.

Contact Us

Roundup: General Help  https://www.roundup.com/en-us/email-us

14111 Scottslawn Rd.

Marysville, OH 43041

1-866-324-2647

At work I am certified to apply such chemicals to kill weeds, etc through NY.  We use a product called Mad Dog Plus, along with a product called Simazine 4L.  We apply at one ounce of chemical per gallon of water, but I prefer 2-3 ounces of chemical per gallon of water.  It is basically a commercial grade roundup, works GREAT.  The Mad Dog Plus is what kills the vegetation,  and the Simazine 4L is a pre-emergent, which prevents regrowth.  Once a year application,  maybe twice will do you. 

If you can mow, or weedwhack the area, the more effective the pre-emergent will be.  The more soil contact, the better for the pre-emergent will work.  

Edited by Bionic

First of all, Round-Up is a non-selective herbicide, but it won't kill everything. Tank mixing different products is fine as long as the product labels permit. Always try a small area first and observe what happens. There are products to "sterilize" areas that won't allow re-growth for fairly long periods of time. However, you need to use these with caution as there may be undesirable future consequences. DO NOT use rates higher than specified. How dead can you kill something anyway?

I use a mix of commercial Gly (Roundup) and 2-4d that I get from one of the local farmers. That mix will kill anything. You just have to make sure it has at least 24 hours after you spray it before it rains., and dont use it in any wind or breeze, the mist will end up on areas you dont want to kill.

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

First of all, Round-Up is a non-selective herbicide, but it won't kill everything. Tank mixing different products is fine as long as the product labels permit. Always try a small area first and observe what happens. There are products to "sterilize" areas that won't allow re-growth for fairly long periods of time. However, you need to use these with caution as there may be undesirable future consequences. DO NOT use rates higher than specified. How dead can you kill something anyway?

If your comments were stemmed off my post, about how dead can you kill etc, I am spraying at the lower percentage of what these two chemicals are rated for.  The label allows for up to 13 ounces per gallon of water.  I am instructed at work to use 1 ounce per gallon, and it does not last long, in certain areas, I use 2-3 ounces, and it lasts months,. Not looking for a nit pick fest, but what I mix is not out of line.

5 hours ago, Bionic said:

If your comments were stemmed off my post, about how dead can you kill etc, I am spraying at the lower percentage of what these two chemicals are rated for.  The label allows for up to 13 ounces per gallon of water.  I am instructed at work to use 1 ounce per gallon, and it does not last long, in certain areas, I use 2-3 ounces, and it lasts months,. Not looking for a nit pick fest, but what I mix is not out of line.

No offense intended. 

• Like 1