Nice Bear

Pulled a few cards last weekend. Haven't been through them all and still have a few more to swap, but got this bear about 30 yds from one of my pop-up blinds. It's a poor exposure, but looks to be a good sized one, presumably male?

It was the second to last day of turkey season. I was at work that day, and I admittedly would have experienced the pucker factor if I was sitting in the blind at the time. The time is correct, so I would have probably just gotten settled in if I was out.

Hope to see him in the Fall when I have a bit more than turkey loads in the gun!

Bear.thumb.jpg.237267ad61a58f9d01ea1a0ecf8c6aeb.jpg

• Like 13

Come on over for a beer and sit on my deck. That's our chicken coop and those are second year cubs. Had to shoo them away.

Pic is a few years old now, but we see them semi-regularly (except for bear season of course). 

And people ask why I built the run out of chain link fence - works well!

IMG_0728.jpg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Come on over for a beer and sit on my deck. That's our chicken coop and those are second year cubs. Had to shoo them away.

Pic is a few years old now, but we see them semi-regularly (except for bear season of course). 

And people ask why I built the run out of chain link fence - works well!

IMG_0728.jpg

And I drove 7 hours to see nothing.  lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I'd drag you along to Africa on a hunt but between the Turkey and Bear trips, I'm a bit scared after a 16 hr flight you'd jinx that hunt too!:rofl:

And people claim whitetail are tough to hunt.  They seem easy by comparison to everything else I have hunted.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

And people claim whitetail are tough to hunt.  They seem easy by comparison to everything else I have hunted.  lol

Sometimes it just works out that way.

I have a couple nemesis animals that seem to have eluded me. :drinks:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I don't have enough time to respond to this one......it's better left for an in person response rather than a quick post that'd be easy to take out of context. 

Some time ask me about a mature whitetail compared to a mature spring gobbler.  Any old fool can stumble into (or the buck can stumble into you!) a big buck.  Not so much with a old gobbler IN THE WOODS;  NO BLIND OR DEKE!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Pulled a few cards last weekend. Haven't been through them all and still have a few more to swap, but got this bear about 30 yds from one of my pop-up blinds. It's a poor exposure, but looks to be a good sized one, presumably male?

It was the second to last day of turkey season. I was at work that day, and I admittedly would have experienced the pucker factor if I was sitting in the blind at the time. The time is correct, so I would have probably just gotten settled in if I was out.

Hope to see him in the Fall when I have a bit more than turkey loads in the gun!

Bear.thumb.jpg.237267ad61a58f9d01ea1a0ecf8c6aeb.jpg

What a beauty of a bear Jerry.......don't sell your place and move, you have quite a place!

25 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I don't have enough time to respond to this one......it's better left for an in person response rather than a quick post that'd be easy to take out of context. 

Some time ask me about a mature whitetail compared to a mature spring gobbler.  Any old fool can stumble into (or the buck can stumble into you!) a big buck.  Not so much with a old gobbler IN THE WOODS;  NO BLIND OR DEKE!!

Are you calling me old!