Scored 400 from a ranch in Ohio!

First-light

14 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Oh prob average 6-10 grand more per head at same age and yearly??? Well we will just let you speculate on that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of $$$, is it not, still raising livestock?  That is the point I'm making. So I really have no need to speculate on anything.

• Like 1

Regardless of $$$, is it not, still raising livestock?  That is the point I'm making. So I really have no need to speculate on anything.

Well I sure would not be raising livestock for free. I also would not be in the position I am or have what I have. Some raise livestock for enjoyment and some do it so they can own their own business at 30 years old and retire with the finer things in life. Get out what ya put in I guess.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having a deer farm! Have you watched any of the shows on them? The money in selling of the sperm must be amazing, no different than the bulls?

And maybe the urine

Edited by Paula

It’s great that you have a successful livestock business FSW.  I am not sure why you feel the need to impress everyone with speculation of how wildly successful you are but to each his own I guess.  Most successful people try to keep that quiet except Trump. Perhaps if you post your tax returns and we all will all pitch in on a business to start raising Deer.   But presently we need to guess regarding the significant money you make in the business based on tid bits of information and innuendo. 

If your response is it’s none of our business how much a Deer farmer makes, I agree.  But you seem to be inviting it for whatever reason.  Most truly successful people that I know don’t invite such inquiry.

I tend to believe it’s a niche group that want to “hunt” a farm raised deer so don’t see that huge future you do but I am not in the business.   Hope you get you hands on the million dollar stud.   I know of a few people that tried to do the same with horses that went broke but there are success stories I guess.  And some people win mega millions too .  $1 and a dream.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paula said:

I am pretty sure he doesn't have hunting on his place

That's an awesome buck Moog

Thanks.  Best we have had a Cam since I started hunting.  Phade saw him in spring and during season but was tagged out.   I never saw him in person.  

• Like 1

I’d rather have a kennel and breed dogs, my buddy that was just in town recently had several litters going that totaled up to 41 dogs. 

41X$1600 a pup=$65,600. Not bad for 8 weeks of work and you get the added bonus of not having buck stuff on your hands like FSW. That’s not counting the rest of the year and fees for training the new owners dogs. 

The best part is they sell the females and keep them in the program as co-owned so they don’t have to pay to feed and care for them. Then there are stud fees, don’t have to leave home and the dogs do their business. 

Imagine that, there are other ways to make money that don’t require fences and worrying about CWD. 

• Like 1

It’s great that you have a successful livestock business FSW.  I am not sure why you feel the need to impress everyone with speculation of how wildly successful you are but to each his own I guess.  Most successful people try to keep that quiet except Trump. Perhaps if you post your tax returns and we all will all pitch in on a business to start raising Deer.   But presently we need to guess regarding the significant money you make in the business based on tid bits of information and innuendo. 
If your response is it’s none of our business how much a Deer farmer makes, I agree.  But you seem to be inviting it for whatever reason.  Most truly successful people that I know don’t invite such inquiry.
 I tend to believe it’s a niche group that want to “hunt” a farm raised deer so don’t see that huge future you do but I am not in the business.   Hope you get you hands on the million dollar stud.   I know of a few people that tried to do the same with horses that went broke but there are success stories I guess.  And some people win mega millions too .  $1 and a dream.  

I have no problem with facts. You are missing the big picture though. You see a guy does not need just 1 stud to be successful. Every animal has a price tag. You say you don't think/see the demand? Well let's just say when someone sells around 50 head a year and has been in business for 20 plus years raising animals with a value of 3 grand up to 10 grand range each and can't raise enough in this state alone to meet the demand then one would guess that person has a business. Regardless, just like all businesses there are losses and setbacks. Future you say? It's only getting bigger and better every year. I guess the joke would be on guys like you that think it's not.

I’d rather have a kennel and breed dogs, my buddy that was just in town recently had several litters going that totaled up to 41 dogs. 
41X$1600 a pup=$65,600. Not bad for 8 weeks of work and you get the added bonus of not having buck stuff on your hands like FSW. That’s not counting the rest of the year and fees for training the new owners dogs. 
The best part is they sell the females and keep them in the program as co-owned so they don’t have to pay to feed and care for them. Then there are stud fees, don’t have to leave home and the dogs do their business. 
Imagine that, there are other ways to make money that don’t require fences and worrying about CWD. 

Sounds like a nice venture. Now times that by 20 plus years and you will get the big picture. CWD does not worry me in the least. When all the wild herds have it where do you think more hunters will go? To the 100% tested animals. Only problem with the dogs is that they are not a long term deal. Whitetail demand will always be there. My kids will do better than I ever did in years to come and that does not bother me a bit. They will start out at the top.

11 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I guess the joke would be on guys like you that think it's not.

Are you saying I am missing the next bitcoin?  Lol. I am content with my current profession but I hope you do well. 

12 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Nice. I have a wall full of some that look just like it. Gotta let em grow.

You have a wall full of 170” plus free range NY whitetail.  That I would like to see even more so than the farm Deer.  Please post. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Throw the sheet up with his numbers.

I don’t have it.  Killed by neighbor who said he measured at 172.    Now post a photo of your wall full.  Heck within 20” of 170 would count. 

Edited by moog5050

4 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah kinda what I thought. Maybe he used the same tape Wolc uses to weigh his.

Meaning what?   I never said I killed him.   And in your expert opinion please score him.  Love to hear this one.

More importantly, Please post photos of your wall full just like him FSW whatever he scores.  Heck they are on your wall right? You are real good at changing subject when called to back up your facts!  Tell us your income from the Deer farm and post photos of your wall full.  Prove what you claim.   Lol literallly.  

Look up Dan Infalt.  He has no fear of posting photos of his real collection of free ranging studs and yet remains humble and helpful.  

Filthy rich with the greatest collection of free ranging NY bucks.   FSW you are the man.  Thank God you let us all know.  You are something.  

• Like 3

Meaning what?   I never said I killed him.   And in your expert opinion please score him.  Love to hear this one.
More importantly, Please post photos of your wall full just like him FSW whatever he scores.  Heck they are on your wall right? You are real good at changing subject when called to back up your facts!  Tell us your income from the Deer farm and post photos of your wall full.  Prove what you claim.   Lol literallly.  
Look up Dan Infalt.  He has no fear of posting photos of his real collection of free ranging studs and yet remains humble and helpful.  
Filthy rich with the greatest collection of free ranging NY bucks.   FSW you are the man.  Thank God you let us all know.  You are something.  

Glad you got that one figured out. Wish I could take another pic of my bucks but these 900 acres don't maintain themselves. 2a34676c9da613d92e0f4308a5051166.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Glad you got that one figured out. Wish I could take another pic of my bucks but these 900 acres don't maintain themselves. 2a34676c9da613d92e0f4308a5051166.jpg

Changing subject again when called out?  You seem to find plenty of time to post but I have never seen a single pic of YOU WITH A BUCK let alone a wall full of big boys. Is it a really small wall?   Still waiting big guy   

You remind of the gym rats that claim to bench or squat xxxx but never want to do it when I am around.  Lots of talk no proof but OK   

Enjoy riding your tractor.   

• Like 2

Changing subject again when called out?  You seem to find plenty of time to post but I have never seen a single pic of YOU WITH A BUCK let alone a wall full of big boys. Is it a really small wall?   Still waiting big guy   
You remind of the gym rats that claim to bench or squat xxxx but never want to do it when I am around.  Lots of talk no proof but OK   
Enjoy riding your tractor.   

Guess you don't pay attention then. Many pics of bucks I have shot are ion this site along with a picture of a few of the mounted ones. Awesome day for a nice ride on the Deere.

Still waiting.........   and by the way, photo don’t count without YOU in it.  We all know the less scrupulous could post a photo of someone else’s deer.  

You mean like a trail cam pic 5 years old? Your a hunter. Get on the trail and find the pics. There out there.

16 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You mean like a trail cam pic 5 years old? Your a hunter. Get on the trail and find the pics. There out there.

Oh I have no problem posting pics of the deer I kill with me in them.  You?   And I don’t have 900 acres to play with but do just fine.  Soooo getting back to your claims ........ hmmm changing subject is a constant theme for you.   

Oh I have no problem posting pics of the deer I kill with me in them.  You?   And I don’t have 900 acres to play with but do just fine.  Soooo getting back to your claims ........ hmmm changing subject is a constant theme for you.   

Look around. They are there. That play stuff you speak of is just another perk. It's all in how you play the game of life.

14 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Look around. They are there. That play stuff you speak of is just another perk. It's all in how you play the game of life.

Thank you for your sage advice.    Out.

Edited by moog5050