Scored 400 from a ranch in Ohio!

First-light

12 hours ago, moog5050 said:

It just gets under my skin when someone runs their mouth, especially one prone to criticize others, without ever demonstrating a basis for doing so.  Generally those that have a basis to do so don’t need to run their mouth. 

Usually those that brag the most, have the least.

I'd never spend the money asked to shoot a farm raised monster deer.  But I have nothing against anyone who would, or the businesses that cater to those who want to do it.

That being said, if I saw a huge mount in someone's home that was farm raised, I'd congratulate them on having the money to do it, not the skill to hunt it.  

For anyone interested in the business of huge farmed whitetail deer, this place in central PA has lots of videos here that show the deer, the work, the family and the hunters.  It's a business.
http://www.questhavenlodge.com/media.html

Russ Walk has been in the business for 30 plus years. One of the first. Would love to take one of these guys that thinks it's so easy to kill a certain deer to his place. 1000's of acres with whole mountains behind fence. They would come back out of that place with their asses handed to them! By a deer. Behind a fence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Russ Walk has been in the business for 30 plus years. One of the first. Would love to take one of these guys that thinks it's so easy to kill a certain deer to his place. 1000's of acres with whole mountains behind fence. They would come back out of that place with their asses handed to them! By a deer. Behind a fence!

And they would also come back out, with thousands less in their bank account, and the sweet satisfaction of shooting a deer behind a fence!

So if the fence is big enough, do you then call it free range hunting?  Or just harder to hunt farm raised deer?

And they would also come back out, with thousands less in their bank account, and the sweet satisfaction of shooting a deer behind a fence!
So if the fence is big enough, do you then call it free range hunting?  Or just harder to hunt farm raised deer?

I don't care what you call it. Fact is I could show you a picture and give you days and you would come out empty handed. And yeah the money card on high fence has always been used by those that can't afford to do it. Seems more and more find a way to afford it every year. That's a sweet thing!

5 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

And yeah the money card on high fence has always been used by those that can't afford to do it.

Geeze, I said I would no longer post, but you are just begging this question:  Do you hunt high fence?  If not, why not?

Pretty sure Letchworth ain't high fence.  Lack of funds or desire to hunt farm raised deer that push you there?

Geeze, I said I would no longer post, but you are just begging this question:  Do you hunt high fence?  If not, why not?
Pretty sure Letchworth ain't high fence.  Lack of funds or desire to hunt farm raised deer that push you there?

Many times. Don't need to pay when you own the product. Kinda like your local weed man

6 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Come on man. This is a big business. Free trips just to get me to work with them on my animals. If you have the product they will come.

Free high fence hunts .... many .... hmmm.  How many of your wall full of 170" bucks came from high fence hunts?  Or did they hand you your a$$ as you put it?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Guess your best. Pretty sweet life it is.

haha - you see where this going and cant answer.  This getting comical. 

1. Either you did kill some wallhangers on your many free trips which in most people's opinion diminishes the accomplishment (apparently even in your own eyes as you won't answer).  Or

2. you didn't kill a buck on your many farm hunts which suggests your skills as a hunter are not what you perceive them to be.  Or

3.  one more option, you kill farm raised deer and don't value the hunt enough to actually mount them, which confirms that even you, a person in the business, doesn't view a harvest on the farm as an accomplishment.

Lots of options but none that support your position.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I don't care what you call it. Fact is I could show you a picture and give you days and you would come out empty handed. And yeah the money card on high fence has always been used by those that can't afford to do it. Seems more and more find a way to afford it every year. That's a sweet thing!

Lets make a friendly wager. You and I on the same property. Any property! Pick a deer, and lets see who can get a cell pic of that deer first.  My property, your property, or public land, you pick the place. Be interesting to see how it would all shake out, would it not? 

haha - you see where this going and cant answer.  This getting comical. 
1. Either you did kill some wallhangers on your many free trips which in most people's opinion diminishes the accomplishment (apparently even in your own eyes as you won't answer).  Or
2. you didn't kill a buck on your many farm hunts which suggests your skills as a hunter are not what you perceive them to be.  Or
3.  one more option, you kill farm raised deer and don't value the hunt enough to actually mount them, which confirms that even you, a person in the business, doesn't view a harvest on the farm as an accomplishment.
Lots of options but none that support your position.

Guess you will never know. Does not matter really. As long as trailer after trailer full of animals leaves this driveway every fall I have the choice of what to hunt, where to hunt, what size animal I want to hunt and how long I would like to stay and hunt. That my friend is what really matters and that makes for a sweet life

5 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Guess you will never know. Does not matter really. As long as trailer after trailer full of animals leaves this driveway every fall I have the choice of what to hunt, where to hunt, what size animal I want to hunt and how long I would like to stay and hunt. That my friend is what really matters and that makes for a sweet life

Gotta love it when you tie your own hands and no FSW, that isn't what really matters.  In fact its not even close.  But speaks volumes about you.  As stated by Joe Pesci - "I am done with this one." 

• Like 1

Gotta love it when you tie your own hands and no FSW, that isn't what really matters.  In fact its not even close.  But speaks volumes about you.  As stated by Joe Pesci - "I am done with this one." 

Yup I have been playing to long this morning. Off to work. Lot of room to work with. Gotta check on those 14 new fawns last couple days. 87727d8a0fbd5f14c22263970cda80fc.jpg

I'm not looking to get into anything that hasn't already been clearly shown but... You are throwing a lot of tar around and have absolutely nothing to back it up and then act like people are jealous of you...? I know for a fact that I'm not jealous of what you have in the slightest. You could give me a free hunt at your place and I'd turn it down, no joke. You can't come onto a public forum and claim everything you have said without any pics to verify it and expect people to believe you. You're always preaching big buck this and big buck that come hunting season yet you shoot your deer in a fence? Noone would knock you for your business, it's all of the other BS that is putting you in the proverbial frying pan. Noone is buying it man. You could have 40 170" deer on your wall from a fenced hunt and it wouldn't impress me in the slightest, one 140" free range buck would. You talk a big game, but that's all you do is talk...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 3