Finished my carved hiking stick.

wooly

Hardly perfect, but turned out better than I imagined when I first got started.

I definitely need to work on my eyeballs more,lol :O

No real good way to take a pic of the whole thing so here's a short vid clip.

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, adkhunter71 said:

That thing is awesome...just like everything else you do!  What kind of wood did you use?

Thanks again guys!

adk- the wood is nothing fancy. Just a beech tree sapling I cut a few years ago when I was happy with just a plain old beech sapling as a hiking stick.

I cut a few others at the same time but they all cracked and split. This one dried to perfection and is solid a rock! Was also a real nice material for this novice to carve on.

This really is the first thing I've ever created that I put 110% of my heart and effort into even though it was first brought on as a learning experience first time wood project. I lost track of the hours I've put into it, but that's not even the point, Most of my other stuff has just been made without putting much thought into them and I often rushed at the end just so I could put them down. This thing really kept me intensely focused every time I picked it up even though it has a few flaws I did my best to work through.:imsohappy:

• Like 3

The workmanship and artistry really shine through in this piece. Along with the heart and soul put in to it. Having myself, a few things you have done, I know the joy, the recipient of this work of art will feel, everytime they look at it. 

Keep at it my friend. Like a fine whiskey, your ideas and talent get better with aging.

• Like 1