Would you shoot a piebald deer ?

rob-c

• 1 year later...

I forgot about this thread and just saw it.  How funny that I have now passed that unique piebald several times.  Why?  Just because I like having her around.  Let her walk last night too.  And I really thought I would be excited to shoot one.  Guess things change.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I forgot about this thread and just saw it.  How funny that I have now passed that unique piebald several times.  Why?  Just because I like having her around.  Let her walk last night too.  And I really thought I would be excited to shoot one.  Guess things change.

She isnt just any ole piebald though.that coat she has is one of a kind.if i knew she was sticking around i dont think i would do it either,atleast not this season haha!

9 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

She isnt just any ole piebald though.that coat she has is one of a kind.if i knew she was sticking around i dont think i would do it either,atleast not this season haha!

I guess I am relegated to hunting just regular old deer.  Oh well.  Sorry to all the common looking deer out there.

I can say I would because I drew on a very white one a couple of weeks ago. She was clever and saw me, bobbed her head for a min or so, and was off. In retrospect I can truly say I'm glad I didn't because a) now somebody else can see it and, b) i subsequently figured out that the guy's land I'm hunting his wife liked this deer, so I think she wouldn't have been happy to hear I had hit it ;)

• Like 2

It would be a situational decision for me I guess so can't really say absolute yes or no. A friend sent me this guy that is hanging in his neighborhood. Mom has all white legs and under belly but all brown on top. Cool looking deer though. 55a47341c50fb92583421e0a4f7ec030.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Zem18 said:

It would be a situational decision for me I guess so can't really say absolute yes or no. A friend sent me this guy that is hanging in his neighborhood. Mom has all white legs and under belly but all brown on top. Cool looking deer though. 55a47341c50fb92583421e0a4f7ec030.jpg

proportionally that deer looks off.  when was picture taken? I see velvet.  nice picture good to see u around zem

• Like 2

Pic was sent to me August 27th. Mom, 2 fawns, and the buck were all in the side yard of his house. He does look like his legs don't match the body. It's good to be back catching up on everything I've been missing. Trying to light a spark under my ass to get excited to hunt. Just haven't been feeling it yet but it's getting there.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 7:56 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Check out the tail on this grey squirrel I just saw in neighbors 5d846e530f3696d531e38203cb9ce600.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some guys trap squirrels in have a heart traps, and spray paint their tails,  bright orange and such then release them, or so I’ve heard .

Some guys trap squirrels in have a heart traps, and spray paint their tails,  bright orange and such then release them, or so I’ve heard .

I took a pretty good ass kickin from my pops when he came home and said,”i told you not to shoot your paintball gun in the neighborhood!”
“I didn’t Dad! i swear!”
“”Then why is there a squirrel out there with a pink ass!”
Oooopppsss! When good shots go bad!

• Haha 1

I took a pretty good ass kickin from my pops when he came home and said,”i told you not to shoot your paintball gun in the neighborhood!”
“I didn’t Dad! i swear!”
“”Then why is there a squirrel out there with a pink ass!”
Oooopppsss! When good shots go bad!

They had paintball guns during the Stone Age?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk