25 years ago

Water Rat

On 6/9/2018 at 8:44 AM, Water Rat said:

Boy time flies .....it was 25 years ago this year that Hansen shot his world record buck. Still the Boone & Crockett record as far as I know.th.jpg.3d655337ae4bafbc86b5b318fdf7ce6e.jpg

The Johnny King buck took that tile away from Hanson back in 2013 at 221 6/8" .  Hanson's scored 220 and 5/8". Still a beautiful buck in any ones eyes for typical.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

If I’m not mistaken that deer was 3.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

different ages are floating around the internet but knowing someone who's talked to him with pieces of the puzzle it seemed to be 4.5 yrs old. makes sense as it could have a majority of its growth by then and often they start growing stickers, "trash", and other points after that.

On 6/9/2018 at 1:43 PM, G-Man said:

Funny thing is 25 years ago there wants deer management like there is today. And we can produce what nature did.....

maybe not to the extent that it is today but it was still around and Mr. Hanson still had many of the concepts in mind.  one example, he knew enough to preserve and save the whole lower jawbone all these years.

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

maybe not to the extent that it is today but it was still around and Mr. Hanson still had many of the concepts in mind.  one example, he knew enough to preserve and save the whole lower jawbone all these years.

As he was told by biologists that checked the deer. A world record caliber deer you save everything he had a lawyer very fast and a promotor.

5 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah it was all about protection and the money. He had it in Syracuse when I saw it one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

promoter. Is not my favorite ,jordon buck is still more impressive it's just a 10..., as are many others for me. Breen buck comes to mind  as well. 

• Like 2

I'm with you G man. I have always thought the Jordan buck was the most impressive rack i have ever seen. It's just a matter of personal preference I guess. I can remember a huge 11 point that Stan Potts got a long time ago that was another one that really impressed me.

Lol... I'm told if you saw it, it was a replica. Friend of mine had a big buck measured by some guys that have measured many of the biggest. They're all official measurers for multiple books. Story has it the real one didn't leave his house when replicas were made.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm sure most of the world class mounts I have seen over the years were replicas. I wouldn't know for sure because I didn't ask, and I would never touch one. I'm not obsessed with them, but it is pretty cool to see the amount of antler it takes to get to 180+. 

• Like 1