blackbeltbill

2 Boxes For The Shelf Only.

Here are 2 Beautiful Boxes. The all Cedar-- Beer Belly Box , I bought in 2001.  The other is a limited edition all White Oak Box. The only 2 Boxes that have never made it to the Turkey Woods.  Both can be easily broken as, I soon found out. They look great on the shelf though.  Someone in my Family might get a tidy sum for these way in the future  Wanted to share the pics. Try to get them up.

Pretty nice Bill.  I only own one box call. Lynch fool proof 101 I’ve had for 40!years. Years back I thumped a Tom , jumped up to run out from tree I was sitting beneath to do the stand on head thing. Collected bird , came back to tree. Yup , had stepped on my call breaking the lip off. Felt like I lost a dear friend. Luckily a coworkers dad was a great woodworker and glued lip back on as good as new. Very rarely does that call hit the woods anymore. It’s in a curiot cabinet now. 

• Like 1

Yeah Turkey Feathers-- those Lynch calls are some of the best.  I have the World Champion. I rode over it with my mountain bike a good 5 years ago . Back wheel ran it over. Did not crack!  

• Like 1

Thanks Coonhunter. I started out with a plastic Gobble Box and a friction Trough call. Plenty of nice looking ,working ,and inexpensive Boxes from companies like Madd today.

Very nice Bill . I have a signed Ben Lee super hen I keep at home as well as a prototype super hen . I too broke the lip off my old Lynch 101 glued it up and plays as good as new . I should count them as I have several dozen calls ...

• Like 2

Not to derail but who uses the box calls holding it with paddle pointing towards you ? Most I’ve seen is with paddle pointing away. Never said I was normal 

I run Boxes 2 ways. Paddle towards me . And for Fall Season Gobbler Yelps-- verticle and with the paddle between my 2 forefingers.