Tying The Knot.....Literally

DirtTime

Took the step yesterday, and most already know. Wife and I Planned on getting more pics with our phones couldn't really, but I got a few. She does have about 100 or so on her camera, and people snapping pics right and left with cameras and phones. Between that, drinking, socializing and eating, I barely got any, but my brother sent me a few he took. I had to resize those and clean them up a little, but here's a few pics of the day below.

The day was awesome, great weather, great people, great food, and some good conversations. Once the ceremony was over, I think I saw my wife about 4 times for a total of 15 minutes over 3+ hours. LOL. Caught up with some people I hadn't talked to in a while, met some of new people she works with.

The final part of our ceremony was a traditional Celtic Binding. That even went perfectly.

Was just an awesome afternoon!

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w5.jpg

w11.jpg

w12.jpg

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 24

Was thinking about some funny moments now that I have time to unwind and relax a little. 

My father in law was the family member on the wifes side to put the cord over our hands for the Celtic Binding. After the ceremony, I was talking to people at that table and a woman my wife works tells me she kept seeing my FIL playing with a piece of rope, and wondered if it was for "after", and said she got it now, without missing a beat my FIL says "Nope, I was trying to make a fake noose to let Rob know what he's in for now." .

Another woman the wife works walks up to me plate in hand and tells me "This is great turkey!", I say "It's smoked pork loin.". She looks at me confused for a second and walks away. Later found out she was drunk.

My brother walks up to me and asked if I felt any different being a married man, I say "Yes, I no longer have a ball and chain weighing down my right leg so I have a limp, I simply have a piece of paper stating someone owns me.".

Due the park actually being closed, the restroom for the pavilion area was closed due to no running water in it, but the park was kind enough to supply porta potties at no extra charge ( I was shocked how clean they actually were. One handicap accessible and one regular one. Both had the little twist handle locks that show red when in use green when not in use. I decided to be me and turned the handle just enough on the regular on so it looked red but wasn't actually occupied, and the door would have opened if anyone tried, or at least knocked. I got a kick out of that. Oh yeah, I guess I should tell the wife I did that. LMAO!

When the wife and I finally take time to eat, we go sit at the table my family and my best man and his parents are sitting at. My best mans dad and I start talking about hunting. After about 10 minutes, the wife hears mention of a 10 point and turns and asks "Are you guys talking about hunting?", "I said of course!", she gives me 'the eye roll and head shake' ( you all know that look ) and goes back to talking to my family.

There was a bunch more funny moments, but these are the ones that stood out after having some time to process the past week and Saturday.

I also would like to raise a toast to the fine people on here who posted on this thread! Going to grab a beer now. Cheers friends and fellow outdoors people!

:drinks:

Edited by Rob...