It's Time For The Colonoscopy Pep/Prep Talk

Lawdwaz

Batter UP!!

Yea, my turn again.  I don't recall if it's three or five years ago but its time.......I also don't recall if this is just my second or is it the (turd) third?

So any last minute tips (NOT that kind of "tip") you guys or gals can share? 

My important tip is HIGH quality TP.  NOT the time to skimp! 

I'll pack a couple egg salad sammies, graced with green olives for the short ride home, then probably sleep for a few hours. I won't get any sleep the night before and surely will be starved, guaranteed.   :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Batter UP!!

Yea, my turn again.  I don't recall if it's three or five years ago but its time.......I also don't recall if this is just my second or is it the (turd) third?

So any last minute tips (NOT that kind of "tip") you guys or gals can share? 

My important tip is HIGH quality TP.  NOT the time to skimp! 

I'll pack a couple egg salad sammies, graced with green olives for the short ride home, then probably sleep for a few hours. I won't get any sleep the night before and surely will be starved, guaranteed.   :)

I will be up in a few months. I no longer have the option of just one. They hit the back and front, and I have to go through the whole 'fasting' deal.

Anyway Larry.....

My best advice, don't think about Biz and his picking on your wallpaper. 

oh boy just stay veryclose to the bathroom when you drink the stuff, Its so funny when I did mine there was 3 people there and before they put me out I told them I don't want to hear any of you saying whos your daddy when you do this. I just had my prostate done that was no joke. good luck!!!!

Did it once, never again. I honestly think they gave me the wrong "pre-test" directions,  I spent a good 5 hours on the toilet the night before (and woke about 6 more times to sh*t yet more water). I figure I have another 20 years or so to go, hopefully the test I took last year carries me through (negative results). Because I'm damn sure not doing it again. Good luck, I hope you fare better than I did.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

Lawd, I feel your pain! I just called to Gastro office and have an appointment next week. My father died from colon cancer at 66 so I have been going every 3-5  years since I turned 40. I'm 65, you can do the math. I have to admit the day/night before is the worst, but the prep has gotten a lot better over the last few years. One word of advice, don't make any important decisions or phone calls after the procedure until you get up from your nap, you are still under the effects of the anesthesia and you won't remember anything! On second thought maybe I'll stop over before you take your nap and pick up those guns you have been promising to give me!!!

Good Luck buddy, it all comes out in the end! 

Edited by 2012_taco
spelling/ grammer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm scheduled to see my primary tomorrow for my 6 month check-up. Been dodging this test for the past 2 years with her and every time I'm in there just keep giving her a new list of other bodily malfunctions we should focus on first...., BUTT.., she still brings it up every time

I'm gonna see if she can hook me up with some new glasses tomorrow and maybe do something about this pine splinter under my finger nail!:girlhospital:

I may even roll around in a bed of poison ivy before I show up to distract her even more,lol

• Haha 1

I had one a few months ago, my doctor gave me a new prep medication that actually tasted good, well good is a stretch, but very tolerable. There was no cramping or bad side effects other than 4 "OH NO!" trips to the bathroom. I think it was called Prepopik (not 100% sure, ask your doctor), they told me most insurances do not cover it, fortunately mine did, but it would have only been about $50 anyway and they strongly recommended I get it over the standard prep. WELL WORTH IT!  Good luck.

Great drugs and no big deal.  I just pray that during your "prep" you don't fall through your a$$ and strangle yourself...lol.  The only down side for me was waking up with all the leads all over me that weren't there when I went in. It started my whole Aphib ordeal. 

Oh and the best advice that can be give for this.....no matter how much you want to believe it.....it isn't a fart. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Haha 2

I'm at the age where I need to get my first. My oncologist after a decade of being clean last fall told me I did not need to see him anymore but I needed to get a primary doctor, mine retired, and get checked before this fall or back to him.

I been putting it off and my search for a new doctor will have at the top of the list, how small are your hands!!

• Like 2

Okay Lawdwaz ought to be in there by now. I didn't share this story earlier.  My mom had this done and they punctured her colon and she had to have surgery from it. And then to top it off she had to have another surgery cause she had a hernia from the first one.  Wtf!  So I had to clean and dress her wound every night for a month for her.  

Not doing this!  Going with the new test they have if anything.  

No way! 

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Okay Lawdwaz ought to be in there by now. I didn't share this story earlier.  My mom had this done and they punctured her colon and she had to have surgery from it. And then to top it off she had to have another surgery cause she had a hernia from the first one.  Wtf!  So I had to clean and dress her wound every night for a month for her.  

Not doing this!  Going with the new test they have if anything.  

No way! 

Damn you anyway.......it’s tomorrow. 

:)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, FatBoyD said:

I had one a few months ago, my doctor gave me a new prep medication that actually tasted good, well good is a stretch, but very tolerable. There was no cramping or bad side effects other than 4 "OH NO!" trips to the bathroom. I think it was called Prepopik (not 100% sure, ask your doctor), they told me most insurances do not cover it, fortunately mine did, but it would have only been about $50 anyway and they strongly recommended I get it over the standard prep. WELL WORTH IT!  Good luck.

My doctor is “old school” and doesn’t like the new prep. He’s a jerk........

So nothing but a single black coffee this morning, some chicken broth and a bowl of jello today. Oh and a water bottle. 

At 3pm I drank the 10oz magnesium citrate poison and at 6pm the 64oz of Gatorade mixed with mirilax gets funneled down the hatch.

I’ll video a little tonight for you puzzies that don’t want to do it. :)

Right now I’m badly cramping; it feels like a small dog is dancing on my gut.  Awesome start to the night.....