So who's getting out this weekend for opening of bass season

JALA RUT

Depending on the wind, we will be on Lake Erie, or the Upper Niagara river.  The target will be my favorite fish, the smallmouth bass.   Hopefully we can find some "good-eaters" in the 12"-16" range.  This one, from last time out measured 19-1/2", which was about 1/2" too short to legally keep then and a lot bigger than I like to eat.  I wish they would go back to 15" minimum, for that early lake Erie season, like it was for a few years.      

IMG_1313.JPG

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Depending on the wind, we will be on Lake Erie, or the Upper Niagara river.  The target will be my favorite fish, the smallmouth bass.   Hopefully we can find some "good-eaters" in the 12"-16" range.  This one, from last time out measured 19-1/2", which was about 1/2" too short to legally keep then and a lot bigger than I like to eat.  I wish they would go back to 15" minimum, for that early lake Erie season, like it was for a few years.      

IMG_1313.JPG

Did you stretch its lips? That will get an extra half inch

It's such a tussle..... Lol.  Usually I would be out after bass and I just know with the late season the smallies will be stacked.   But I just can't give up on how good the walleye bite has been .  So thinking me and fishing buddy Corey are going to start with walleyes and if that doesn't pan out move to bass. If the lake is too rough the canal it will be and flipping senkos to 4 lbers for sure.  

Last year on the way in he caught a 5 lb smallie right at the launch site as we were waiting for someone to load up.  

• Like 1

Really sad.   I usually fish the lake Champlain father's day derby.  My cousin informed me the other day that he can't go.  I was really looking forward to it.  It's his boat, so I guess the smoker will be fired up instead of his boat.  

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

And we better see pics of that Grampy boat out there , it misses the water!

I miss the water too! The boat has been waiting on me. Was working on it some more tonight. Had an issue with the transducer on the trolling motor. Noticed the pull up rope is frayed too. Will fix that tomorrow after work. Then the boat is good to go!

Will try to get up to Saratoga lake this weekend, but my grandson has games both days. So not sure if I'll make it. A tourney on the lower Mohawk on Saturday, that I usually do well at. Maybe?

Work is still crazy busy! But I feel a sickness coming on next week for sure! One way or another I'll be out before this time next week!

Good luck and tight lines to all heading out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob... said:

I will be out either Saturday or Sunday. Not sure which yet. Picked up a more buzz baits, spinner baits, rattle baits, and some yumyums ( now sure how well the yumyums will work but......... ). 

No Senko's??? Ya gotta get some! On of the easiest baits to catch fish with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grampy said:

No Senko's??? Ya gotta get some! On of the easiest baits to catch fish with.

Didn't have them at Wallyworld. I will either have to hit Dicks or F&S ( but, that's a bad thing! ), or order them.

I plan on ordering some. Just won't be here on time for the weekend. I am not spending $50 for overnight shipping on fishing lures. LOL! 

• Like 1