Ways to Silence Your Bow

Deadhunter25

Hey guys and gals. Just wondering what methods you have on reducing vibration or noise after the shot.

I am shooting a bowtech prodigy with a 6in axion stabilizer and some hushpuk noise reducers i bought a few years ago at the Great American Outdoor Show.

Im trying not to add too much weight to my bow so a longer stabilizer makes me a little hesitant.

Id appreciate any ideas. Thanks in advance. -Anthony

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Deadhunter25 said:

Actually i always shoot with my quiver off.

same here . Do you know your arrow weight or speed ? I always add weight to my arrows until they slow down to between 260-270. It doesnt take much weight usually ,if any . I shot my super light weight 3D arrows from my synergy and i swore something was broken ,it got so much louder.

same here . Do you know your arrow weight or speed ? I always add weight to my arrows until they slow down to between 260-270. It doesnt take much weight usually ,if any . I shot my super light weight 3D arrows from my synergy and i swore something was broken ,it got so much louder.

Good question I would have to shoot through chronograph but I shoot carbon express maxima blues 250. Pull 65lbs at 28.5” draw. The arrows do go fast. But how fast id have to see

15 minutes ago, Deadhunter25 said:

Good question I would have to shoot through chronograph but I shoot carbon express maxima blues 250. Pull 65lbs at 28.5” draw. The arrows do go fast. But how fast id have to see

What about tip weight ? Maybe throw an extra 50g on there and use the ol ear-o-meter to see if it helped .

How old are your string and cables ? Old stretched cables and string will throw off a tune a bunch. Sims limbsavers are very good at getting rid of vibration and noise. Do you use a drop away rest? Is it hitting the riser shelf ? How’s the condition off your string stop ? Does it look worn out.

if it were me I would start with a good tune   ( new cables and strings if over 4 years old ) and go from there. Then the next cheapest would be some limbsaver stuff.. 

Edited by rob-c

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Trade it for a Mathews...problem solved:wink:

damn fan boys!!  lol just kidding.  Honestly i have always wanted to try a higher end bow to see what the difference is for shooting - so many swear by the Matthews , but i havent pulled the trigger on one.  Gonna be a few years still cause I bought a new bear 2 seasons ago and i really love it,  but one day....... 

51 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Gonna be a few years still cause I bought a new bear 2 seasons ago and i really love it,  but one day....... 

I said the same thing but once I got mine I kicked myself for not doing it sooner. This was my fourth and hopefully my last. It is definitely a pleasure to shoot.:maninlove:

• Like 1

I said the same thing but once I got mine I kicked myself for not doing it sooner. This was my fourth and hopefully my last. It is definitely a pleasure to shoot.:maninlove:

Believe it or not i just bought the triax which has no noise or vibration whatsoever. But i like my bowtech more. Just wish it wasnt as noisy. As others have stated i will just get to tuning it.

Strings and cams are 3yrs old.

8 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Tell the truth Steve.  It has nothing to do with how the bow shoots.  You just like all the prestige and resulting fan fair that comes from owning a "Mathews."  Biz bought one for the same reason.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deadhunter25 said:

Believe it or not i just bought the triax which has no noise or vibration whatsoever. But i like my bowtech more. Just wish it wasnt as noisy. As others have stated i will just get to tuning it.

Strings and cams are 3yrs old.

If it wasn't noisy before, but is now, its definitely tune.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Tell the truth Steve.  It has nothing to do with how the bow shoots.  You just like all the prestige and resulting fan fair that comes from owning a "Mathews."  Biz bought one for the same reason.

Moog

Not true..I am not the prestigious type. I Like good equipment am pleased when I buy something I like and it works for me. As far as prestige no one seeing me practicing, going, or coming from the woods would know what it is. I recommend things that work more me and know full well the next person might feel it is a complete piece of junk.

All I can say is my Mathews has been a good bow for me and I don't hesitate to tell someone it "may" be a good choice for them. Nothing worse than fiddling with a piece of equipment trying to make it something it will never be.

The most important thing when buying a bow is "try before you buy" to know if it is for you. I tried and I bought after trying a couple others.:elf:

25 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Moog

Not true..I am not the prestigious type. I Like good equipment am pleased when I buy something I like and it works for me. As far as prestige no one seeing me practicing, going, or coming from the woods would know what it is. I recommend things that work more me and know full well the next person might feel it is a complete piece of junk.

All I can say is my Mathews has been a good bow for me and I don't hesitate to tell someone it "may" be a good choice for them. Nothing worse than fiddling with a piece of equipment trying to make it something it will never be.

The most important thing when buying a bow is "try before you buy" to know if it is for you. I tried and I bought after trying a couple others.:elf:

I was joking Steve.  Glad you like your bow.