Who owns a camper?

BigVal

Staying at my parents new camper this weekend for father's day with archer. The first door is the bunk room ,then the bathroom (can't see) the far door is the master bedroom.
15291178387941850115860.thumb.jpg.a89c9da10d5cb0d124f3a00dc2c40bd5.jpg
1529117954915191422939.thumb.jpg.0c3dcc1df7d2a02e996fa88a5bd6d075.jpg
1529118066317561733472.thumb.jpg.59ed20b14c9699236dbbdc4f9f4e8858.jpg

Holy crap that’s a house not a camper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where they live now when they come back from florida . They decided instead of doing the traveling thing for retirement to just camp here all summer and then head back to Florida in the winter where they bought a place last year. 

Not to derail the thread but the wife and I tent camp most of the time. the past few years we've stayed in a rented cabin with all the necessities. tents are just to cold in October! I understand the need for a camper and everyone has their own personal preferences. Each to his own. I personally am not going to purchase a monster truck to drive all year long only to use it to pull a second house a couple times a year. Although  they are are nice. I keep everything we usually need pre -packed in bins in my garage so packing for a weekend doesn't take long. Just food and clothes. I'll admit it takes time to set up camp, but once it's done it's quite comfortable. We have a queen size travel bed so we're not sleeping on the ground. I can trailer my scooters for day rides and I have my truck for rainy days. The large tarp keeps everything nice and dry, including the bikes. Plus it gives you a nice sized outside kitchen out of the weather.

P1130868.JPG

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Not to derail the thread but the wife and I tent camp most of the time. the past few years we've stayed in a rented cabin with all the necessities. tents are just to cold in October! I understand the need for a camper and everyone has their own personal preferences. Each to his own. I personally am not going to purchase a monster truck to drive all year long only to use it to pull a second house a couple times a year. Although  they are are nice. I keep everything we usually need pre -packed in bins in my garage so packing for a weekend doesn't take long. Just food and clothes. I'll admit it takes time to set up camp, but once it's done it's quite comfortable. We have a queen size travel bed so we're not sleeping on the ground. I can trailer my scooters for day rides and I have my truck for rainy days. The large tarp keeps everything nice and dry, including the bikes. Plus it gives you a nice sized outside kitchen out of the weather.

P1130868.JPG

That is a nice set up! But I would definitely trip over a tie down after dark and spill my beer! :drinks:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks! It's a 32' with three slides and way more goodies than I would have planned on getting like three TV's lol. We got it at Colton in Hamburg And couldn't get a similar one for anywhere near the price I was able to get to on this one. Really excited! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Not much but got this little gem on Craigslist couple weeks ago .I stole it wife  cleaned entire thing thoughally everythingnworks love have AC for camping. Have it out for our first family camper trip this weekend. 

9C6D94EE-4D56-4B1E-B028-70299E922691.jpeg

Let me know how it works for you.. This is pretty much what I am looking to pick up for the family. 

57 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Let me know how it works for you.. This is pretty much what I am looking to pick up for the family. 

After night one it was just fine. Shower is a little tight I’m 6’1 215 and it’s the size of an airplane rest room . Other than that kids love and it was cheap 

After night one it was just fine. Shower is a little tight I’m 6’1 215 and it’s the size of an airplane rest room . Other than that kids love and it was cheap 

How cheap? Just looking to set a bar for my own misadventure

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, BigVal said:

Girlfriend and I are shopping around for a camper because she's sick of tents. I'm not crazy about it but she deserves it lol so what kinda pros and cons things to look for etc? She wants a bunk room model I know that 

Whatever makes her happy.

3 hours ago, sodfather said:

Not much but got this little gem on Craigslist couple weeks ago .I stole it wife  cleaned entire thing thoughally everythingnworks love have AC for camping. Have it out for our first family camper trip this weekend. 

What did you think of the fold outs? I really want a hybrid for the shorter travel size but the wife is nervous about dealing with the fold outs if she goes camping with some of her cousins and kids and leaves me home.

4 hours ago, sodfather said:

Love those hybrids. If we didn’t have so many kids, that’s what I would Prefer to get. Starcraft makes great campers too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

What did you think of the fold outs? I really want a hybrid for the shorter travel size but the wife is nervous about dealing with the fold outs if she goes camping with some of her cousins and kids and leaves me home.

I like it. It’s definitely perfect for us for the amount that we camp. Has the kick out also which is a game changer I think really gives you space and not to big to store or keep in a driveway if needed 

7DE83DBD-CCE3-45B5-9AF3-424624E11BCA.jpeg

$2500 guy had a new one just wanted to get rid of

That is a steal! Best I’ve seen for one that didn’t require work is just under $4,000

I wouldn’t mind checking it out sometime. I’ve never seen the inside of one just pictures and feel the size would be perfect for a family of 4 without being to big to tie and store.

35 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

That is a steal! Best I’ve seen for one that didn’t require work is just under $4,000

I wouldn’t mind checking it out sometime. I’ve never seen the inside of one just pictures and feel the size would be perfect for a family of 4 without being to big to tie and store.

Absolutely anytime ya want to take a look bring the Mrs to . Your right 4K is about what I seen. There was one in Clarence for $3ish I thought in Craigslist but had water damage but could be fixed