A Little Good News.......

Lawdwaz

I have three personal friends (and a couple on here) that are battling cancer.

Late today I got some very good news.......one of the three who has prostate prostrate cancer that has spread to his abdomen went for a CT scan last week and saw the doctor today.  The tumor has shrunk after hormone treatment for the last few months and his PSA was under "1".  Far, far from being out of the woods I know but it's good news regardless.  

I'll get some more information tomorrow on the situation but for now it's a glimmer of hope. 

Bottoms up if you imbibe...... :)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear your friend is doing better. I know it is tough having fought lung cancer, and I'm living proof cancer can be beat. There are some promising treatments available for various types of cancer and they are giving patients hope. Have a drink for me Larry!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Glad to hear your friend is doing better. I know it is tough having fought lung cancer, and I'm living proof cancer can be beat. There are some promising treatments available for various types of cancer and they are giving patients hope. Have a drink for me Larry!

So happy for you too, Greg.

13 minutes ago, wooly said:

How does that saying go....?

Oh yeah...., F@*& cancer!

Glad to hear some positive news for your pal!:good:

All I'll say to you is.........F@*& YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TOUGH SOB'S KICK ASS!!

• Like 1

Great to hear, Larry!!

I have a cousin who is dealing with ovarian cancer that's spread. The doctors gave up hope months ago and wanted to stop all treatment. She's currently doing pretty well because she's tough and she will never give up.

All the best to your friend.

• Thanks 1

Had a friend pass from cancer this year at 51.  He was a fellow hunter and fisherman. He invited me to go to Alaska with him a couple of times but life always seemed to get in the way of me going. Sure wished I had at least spent some more time doing those things with him he was s great guy.  We weren't like real close friends but we probably should have been.  

It's good to hear your friend is doing better and you get the chance to spend some time 

Edited by Robhuntandfish