Booboo paid me a visit

Bionic

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Is he friendly? Bring him some left over shrimps from the jambalaya and see if you can pet him!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did run out after him in my socks.  My home is in the middle of their home, but once they touch the grass, I run outside and spook them. We respect each other this way.  He was like yeah ok, he walked off, but wasn't too afraid.  Most run off, but this bear is a little above average,  so he has the right to stand his ground for sure.  When they don't flinch at the site of me talking is when I start to be a little concerned.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bionic said:

I did run out after him in my socks.  My home is in the middle of their home, but once they touch the grass, I run outside and spook them. We respect each other this way.  He was like yeah ok, he walked off, but wasn't too afraid.  Most run off, but this bear is a little above average,  so he has the right to stand his ground for sure.  When they don't flinch at the site of me talking is when I start to be a little concerned.   

he probably didn’t run right away,  because he was trying to figure out why this naked guy with just his socks on was coming at him yelling :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Years ago down in Steuben county we had a corn plot a big bear like that one was terrorizing. One night after too many Milwaukee's best my uncle had enough when we could hear him out in the plot. I had a camera set up in the plot and got pics that night of the bear exiting the plot followed by my uncle one minute later banging two frying pans together. My aunt had those pics up on the fridge for years! Your pic of that big bear reminded of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's a CHUNK, Bionic....Big Ol' bear....Thanks for sharing....

55 minutes ago, E J said:

Years ago down in Steuben county we had a corn plot a big bear like that one was terrorizing. One night after too many Milwaukee's best my uncle had enough when we could hear him out in the plot. I had a camera set up in the plot and got pics that night of the bear exiting the plot followed by my uncle one minute later banging two frying pans together. My aunt had those pics up on the fridge for years! Your pic of that big bear reminded of that.

I may know your uncle....Is he from Cameron ??

Naw..Probably not....The Cameron boys send their WOMEN out to chase off bears and sasquatches and such....Hehehe....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I may know your uncle....Is he from Cameron ??

Naw..Probably not....The Cameron boys send their WOMEN out to chase off bears and sasquatches and such....Hehehe....

Nope, but not far. This happened in Canisteo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Yup....Once you get further west than the  TRIPLE CITIES  ( Cameron, West Cameron and Adrian) things get REALLY wild and wooly....Hehehe......

On a quiet summer day you can almost hear the banjos... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cool pic and experience.  Sure wish we had more of them around here.  

Def a big un.  Always wanted to get one ny bear

I've had many opportunities to kill big bear on our property over the years, but just never pulled the trigger or released the arrow. Every year I say maybe I'll shoot one if I get a good shot. But never do. IDK, I really haven't cared for the bear meat I have tried. And don't really want to kill a bear just for his hide. Or to say that I kilked one. But who knows, maybe this year???

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, when you have dirtbag neighbors who consinder throwing the trash "outside"....is just outside the garage door....you get bears...and people wonder why bears break in...and yeah, I know what time of year it is, but when you see garbage sprawled all over by the end of their driveway, and a cardboard coffee cup halfway up your driveway, its pretty simple to figure out.  Carelessness,  and laziness.

20180703_201726.jpg