Yelling Goat rendevouz part deux

turkeyfeathers

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’m available all but last weekend of July and last week of August   It’s a long drive ( about 4 blocks but I’ll manage) I’ll carpool with Sodfather as he’s 5 houses away 

standing on the rear axe of his bike? i hear it gets tricky when it's a good night.  probably safer and you'll you both keep your license. if you made face up or down at least to the front yard, is it still OK to use the wife as an emergency backup for a ride home?? never had to do that but always wondered.

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’m available all but last weekend of July and last week of August   It’s a long drive ( about 4 blocks but I’ll manage) I’ll carpool with Sodfather as he’s 5 houses away 

What?

Thought you lived upstairs?

One time on a job we were talking about food at lunch time and I wanted a Ted's hotdog and Duff's wings. Decided that I could have both for dinner if I left right then; so put the dog in the truck and drove the 6 hrs to get both and they were fantastic. 

Not sure its worth the trip just for that nowadays; but if I visit family will see how dates line up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

standing on the rear axe of his bike? i hear it gets tricky when it's a good night.  probably safer and you'll you both keep your license. if you made face up or down at least to the front yard, is it still OK to use the wife as an emergency backup for a ride home?? never had to do that but always wondered.

lol   Wife card always in play. She’ll Offer I’m sure 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i used to make the drive when i went out to college and lived out in Buffalo with family back here. 5 hour drive more or less. I'd like to but not sure i can swing it.

It would be well worth it to see some of the guys again, and meet some others! The wings will just be an added attraction!

Not ruling it out just yet, but got a lot on my plate at this time. Perhaps a caravan, or a ride along, with a couple Capital District guys to represent!!

• Like 1

Official Uber to n from the Goat 317b2cd230d7c4ba50a742591740ae06.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

There's train tracks nearby ,you could pass out in the weeds next to those .

I'm not talking about 'passing out', I'm talking about avoiding a two hour drive home on a full belly and a few beers. Also my dashboard lights don't work and my night vision is not so good. I appreciate the humor, but you'll be here some day. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pygmy said:

If dates allow, I will certainly be there....It would be nice to incorporate a fishing trip, if possible,  but getting together to drink, eat and tell lies  is  fine also....

Actually, I really should be there to help chaperone Moog...He's a real wild man and I am not sure that Nomad is up to the task alone...

And your bed here will be warm and ready..............

Thinking that I won't be making the 5 hour commute back home or sleeping in the weeds with a Thermacell after a full menu of bereber wings and flights so maybe you WNY guys could recommend a decent hotel nearby?  That Radio Flyer wagon looks like a decent Uber option from the Goat! :drinks:

And I'll say it if no one else will: what's up with Biz's conspicuous absence from this thread?  How bad did you guys razz him at the inaugural meet-up?:haha:

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

What?

Thought you lived upstairs?

One time on a job we were talking about food at lunch time and I wanted a Ted's hotdog and Duff's wings. Decided that I could have both for dinner if I left right then; so put the dog in the truck and drove the 6 hrs to get both and they were fantastic. 

Not sure its worth the trip just for that nowadays; but if I visit family will see how dates line up.

And there's room for you too at my house!!

• Like 1

I think there is a Home2 (Hilton property)  next door to the Cabelas, which is pretty close to the Goat, within a few miles.   If I can go, I will probably stay there.   

I have a fishing trip planned August 10 to the 19th.   Summer is always busy and August if filled with end of summer, start of school, Labor Day, etc.  Maybe a date in September?    

May I suggest picking three dates and then just tally who can make it and go from there?  

On 6/18/2018 at 6:25 AM, 2012_taco said:

Let me know when, I'll put it on the calendar! For those who live in Central NY, I'll be camping at Sampson State Park last weekend in July (27-31) I could make a meet n greet if anyone wants to start one up.

I don't mean to hijack the "goat" thread here, but maybe a few CNY'ers would be interested in something like Parker's Grille and Taphouse in Geneva while you're at Sampson. Anyone who's interested, PM me.

7 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I don't mean to hijack the "goat" thread here, but maybe a few CNY'ers would be interested in something like Parker's Grille and Taphouse in Geneva while you're at Sampson. Anyone who's interested, PM me.

Central NY ???  its still 2 hours for me.  On this side of CNY we call that Western NY lol. Just kidding ......

I think its great that people can get together. Pretty cool.  

Been trying to catch up to Treeguy with a gracious invite to fish and work is killing me.  11.5 hours yesterday and no lunch and gonna be 10 today.  Have a day off tomorrow but think my dancecard is filled even if I am still gonna get the day at all.