Fathers Day

LET EM GROW

How did all you fellers Fathers Day go?

My youngest boy turns 1 today so we did his 1 year pics, and celebrated on Saturday at The Almond Rod and Gun Club. It was a wonderful day, with friends and family. 

I woke up Fathers Day morning put up an acre of electric fence around one of my soybean plots for late season action. Then enjoyed the rest of the day with friends and Family, BBQ, Yard games, jokes, lies etc... It was a great day. Then at the end of the day after Dinner time, and several beers later. My wife walks out to me with a brand new Ruger American Predator in 22-250 for my birthday/Fathers day gift. That was an even better ending to an already great day. I told her no guns until after we move in to our 1st house we just purchased. But she didn't listen lol. I must be doing somethign right lol.

Hope everyone's day was fabulous as well!   

20180617_200516.jpg

FB95IMG951528736817809.jpg

• Like 12

My Boys wanted to do a bonfire / cook out Saturday night so we did that. Good food , tossed the pig skin around, played some kanjam  and tipped a few back with my boys. And I got some work done around the house so it was a good weekend.. 

• Like 1

I had a wonderful day as well. 18 holes of golf with some buddies in the morning. pool and cook out at the house in the afternoon and evening.  I got a new Cabela's 80 liter dehydrator, a jerky shooter (becasue my daughter likes that kind of "jerky") a bunch of different seasoning packets and new seat cover for the truck. I am convinced the seat cover was for me and the dehydrator and jerky stuff was for my daughter...lol. Great day all around.  I hope the rest of the fathers here had likewise.  

• Like 2

I have had fathers day for the last month actually.  I took a drive down to Evansville Indiana to see my son and youngest granddaughter, then drove down to Shreveport LA to see my eldest Daughter, her hubby, and two more grandkids.  When I got back home, I got together with my twin daughters and their hubbies, another grandson and another grandson in the oven!  Every day feels like Fathers day!

I hope everyone else had a fantastic day with family and friends!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rob-c said:

My Boys wanted to do a bonfire / cook out Saturday night so we did that. Good food , tossed the pig skin around, played some kanjam  and tipped a few back with my boys. And I got some work done around the house so it was a good weekend.. 

MY kind of days right there! Its as easy as that. 

15 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I had a wonderful day as well. 18 holes of golf with some buddies in the morning. pool and cook out at the house in the afternoon and evening.  I got a new Cabela's 80 liter dehydrator, a jerky shooter (becasue my daughter likes that kind of "jerky") a bunch of different seasoning packets and new seat cover for the truck. I am convinced the seat cover was for me and the dehydrator and jerky stuff was for my daughter...lol. Great day all around.  I hope the rest of the fathers here had likewise.  

Awesome, I think you are right with the gift situation lol. Nice pad you have there Bob! Feels good to be recognized once in awhile! lol  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I have had fathers day for the last month actually.  I took a drive down to Evansville Indiana to see my son and youngest granddaughter, then drove down to Shreveport LA to see my eldest Daughter, her hubby, and two more grandkids.  When I got back home, I got together with my twin daughters and their hubbies, another grandson and another grandson in the oven!  Every day feels like Fathers day!

I hope everyone else had a fantastic day with family and friends!

I guess you have. I always wanted to visit Shreveport. Had a g-friend way back in the day whom moved there. Everyday does feel like Fathers day with the right surroundings no doubt! 

15 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I had a good day, got to spend time with my kids, went to breakfast with my Dad, had dinner with my gf's Dad, took a nap in between.

Spent most of the day Saturday out on Honeoye Lake swimming and dragging the kids up and down the lake on tubes.

Perfect, I have yet to get the boat out on the water. Hoping to soon or summer is going to be over just like that.  

• Like 1