Has Your Scope Ever Made You Bleed?

8 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Never scoped, did get a hammer off a 50 caliber pistol in the forehead  when I shot a doe on tip toes looking  over a brush pile.

I wondered where you got that hole in your head...Hehehe...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I wondered where you got that hole in your head...Hehehe...

I had 2 friends witness it from their stands.. it was a knight mk 85 muzzloading pistol. With 90 grains of powder.. knurled knob hammer  left quite a mark.. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

I was about 17 and got myself with a .270 I was in a thick swamp and torqued my body to make a shot. Same as others the deer was just fine but i still have a scar on the bridge of my nose. Didnt hurt at all but when my dad showed up and asked doe or buck? My only response was, myself and I got him good. He laughed at me and at the time I didnt think it was amusing. Grew up shooting did six years active military and that was my only time. Lesson learned

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

My 300WSM smacks the middle finger on my trigger hand with the trigger guard and it hurts like all get out.  I shoot 165gr bullets as they kick less than the bruising 180gr pills.

They make a nice little cushion that'll clip over your trigger guard to stop that hit on middle finger.

Competition shotgun and big bore double rifle shooters use them.

On topic; I have never drawn blood, but have taken two shots prone laying downhill with feet above my head shooting across a valley and both times my glasses took a wack enough to let me know not to do that again. Both times ran out of cover and both times did kill what I was after.

Missed a shot like that too on a once in a lifetime trophy @300 yds and still bugs me and can't figure how I missed albeit a smallish target. And of course didn't get wacked at all at that time.:rolleyes:

I would have hit myself in the face with a hammer if I would have connected with the shot as fair trade. Shoulda spent more time creeping for a better set up.^_^ As it was slithered and rolled 400yds thru tick infested needle covered sour grass and was a mess, gave the blood anyway. :rofl:

• Like 3

Once, from a scope. 12ga 870, Leupold vx3 1-5 bird came in behind me and got spitting distance close I heard him put once and I swung 180 in the air and shot from a falling prone position stock wasn’t in shoulder scope broke my nose, nose broke my flip up scope cap. Killed the bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup, My father's 1100 12 ga when I didn't want to carry my ratty old pump and he wasn't around to hunt. Ok Ok I snuck it out...lol.  Well we never had our heads the same distance from the scope and  it was evident who kept theirs farther back when I touched the trigger off on a doe. It was a 1/3 of a circle right between my eyebrows and bled like a stuck pig. I did get the deer though. What hurt way worse than that though was when I did the exact same thing a week later with that gun and got a matching cut about 1/8" away from the other. Still sore from the first and still had the scab and wow was that tender. can still see the two scars when I get sun burn on my face.  I missed that deer. 

• Like 1

O hell yea I got scoped.....  In my treestand in Arcade and a group of five does come across the hayfield I was overlooking.  They were walking right toward me.  When they were 30 yds in front of me one of them must have made me so they turned 90 degrees and changed direction.  That's when I shot the biggest one in the group with my Remington 870.  I bled more than the heart shot on that deer!  took me 30 minutes to get my nose to stop bleeding.  The deer only went 20 feet or so.

• Like 1

Once at the range years ago with a Remington 700 30-06 still have the scar between my eyebrows.... bled like a mo fo...

Watched my wife do it once with a 243... i tried to tell her that she was not holding the gun correctly. She didn’t want to hear it... she bled and had a black eye for a week... I think a bunch of people thought I might have smacked her around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Once. 2 years ago checking the pattern on my daughters youth 20   Fired a bunch of low brass crap loads to get on paper and dial it remotely in. Stuffed a good one in there, short light little gun. I definitely had it anchored well and a good sight picture with her bushnell circle t optics. BANG. Ouch and was trying to wipe the blood off with back of hand  on the sly. Didn't want her getting gun shy from my stupidity  .She noticed and I gently lied a pricker bush must have gotten me on the way as we did navigate through some.

• Like 1

Nope but I watched my dad get whacked pretty good once. His Model 788 had iron sights so he got the look through scope mounts. After sighting in the scope he decided to then get the iron sights dialed in. First shot, scope went right off bridge of his nose. 35 years later I'm pretty sure the iron sights are still at their factory setting. 

• Like 1

it's different kinds of recoil but i've shot max loaded 50 cal ML and rifles up to i guess 300 win mag with 180gr loads.  i have shot 12ga slug guns but not too many times at all. haven't gotten bit yet, so i guess i'm due. seems like there's some pretty experienced individuals in here that have probably fired more rounds that have gotten bit. i probably should've just kept scrolling.