Theyre like crack!

Robhuntandfish

Good smallie lures!

I do the same thing at Wally World!   Wife will be picking up a couple things. I always say "heading over to sporting goods". Meeting back up, I drop a thing or two in the cart, as she rolls her eyes, and gives me the "really" look....hehehehe. Do I need em? Heck no, but I gotta have em anyways!  Yup, I'm addicted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

There is nothing more addictive in the outdoor sports than fishing lures.  They are so pretty and shiny , you can't help it.  Walmart for groceries and two lures in the cart too......don't need em, but there they are.  Lol

rps20180619_174135.jpg

I did the same thing last week. We went for a few small house hold items, and I hit the fishing section. Ended up with a new tackle box, some yumyums, a few more buzz baits and spinner baits, some $2 rattle trap style lures that were on clearance, a few more rubber frogs, and three of the metal stringers I prefer. I still forgot more split shots, a new net, and a bunch of other stuff. The wife does her best to keep me away from the sporting good section at Wallyworld and even K-Mart when we get there. Even Dicks and F&S ( if i were to ever venture there again ) I can't go without her supervision.  Hell, I am not allowed to just stop by the couple local gun shops out the Coxsakie way to look around. Odds are good I would get another credit card for a new rifle or shotgun. LOL!

:o

Edited by Rob...
spelling, cause spell check doesn't always work
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

They’re made to catch fishermen.....

Im actually going fishing in the morning , Lake Ontario and the bay , I even put new line on my Mitchell, first time out in years .

I'll be out friday . Turned in my slip today . Gonna try the mouth of the lower niagara .

Sometimes its nice to find out you're not the only one.:taunt:

Like to do a little salt water that I have never messed with before and some big fresh water species. So been looking at heavier tackle....

At one point  was tying #22 and 24 trico's for a shop in Pa.; had some 10/0 2x circle hooks come today. You could pass those flies through the eye. Have some 20/0 coming that is req'd for a trip.

Just a whole other world.... 250lb rated leader and 100lb braid for mainlines.....maybe cheaper to go back cape buffalo hunting after all.

• Like 2

On Saturday was over in Vermont for my grandsons travel baseball game. Afterwards I suggested we go to Orvis to feed the trout there. You guessed it, walked out with a few streamers and $60 lighter. Just love it when my wife gives me that "really" look! :dontknow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1