MIG and TIG Pipe Welder wanted in Rochester, NY

Fabrication shop setting and will be running a short arc open root with Flux core fill and cover on Carbon steel pipe. Stainless steel TIG pipe welding. 

Currently working 5-10's and an 8 (58 hours a week)

Rate will be based on experience and capabilities--$20-30 an hour  

We also offer:

• Ongoing professional training and development.
  • Opportunities for advancement.
  • 7 paid holidays
  • 2 weeks paid vacation after 6 months employment.  can gain and additional day for years 6-10
  • Medical benefits with 75% employer contribution towards single or family plans. .
  • Elective, dental and supplemental benefits are available.
  • 401 K with 4% employer match. Vested immediately. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2018 at 10:50 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Fabrication shop setting and will be running a short arc open root with Flux core fill and cover on Carbon steel pipe. Stainless steel TIG pipe welding. 

Currently working 5-10's and an 8 (58 hours a week)

Rate will be based on experience and capabilities--$20-30 an hour  

We also offer:

• Ongoing professional training and development.
  • Opportunities for advancement.
  • 7 paid holidays
  • 2 weeks paid vacation after 6 months employment.  can gain and additional day for years 6-10
  • Medical benefits with 75% employer contribution towards single or family plans. .
  • Elective, dental and supplemental benefits are available.
  • 401 K with 4% employer match. Vested immediately. 

Sounds like a good gig for someone who has this experience.

• Like 1

This would have been great for my wife's father. He is an awesome welder, he worked for an outfit in Bath NY. That didnt supply Proper PPE .. And made him weld galvanized and other junk with nothing besides the mask.. for 18 years he worked there and it really messed him up. He's on full disability now plus has dementia bad. Shitty for a man who just turned 50!  I wish he had the courage to file a lawsuit against them. But he does not. And the dementia isn't any help at all. 

Just Hope these places supply the proper ppe needed to do jobs safely. Our company goes above and beyond.. but many dont, and wont. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

This would have been great for my wife's father. He is an awesome welder, he worked for an outfit in Bath NY. That didnt supply Proper PPE .. And made him weld galvanized and other junk with nothing besides the mask.. for 18 years he worked there and it really messed him up. He's on full disability now plus has dementia bad. Shitty for a man who just turned 50!  I wish he had the courage to file a lawsuit against them. But he does not. And the dementia isn't any help at all. 

Just Hope these places supply the proper ppe needed to do jobs safely. Our company goes above and beyond.. but many dont, and wont. 

Ours is above and beyond as well. It really isn't that hard to do it right and have the workers protected. Everyone should be able to go home as healthy as they went to work. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sounds like a good gig for someone who has this experience.

I guess cost of living is less over there around NYC those guys  make over $85 hour . Down south they make half or even less then half  but everything is less so it equals about the same I think .

Edited by Hawk914

11 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

I guess cost of living is less over there around NYC those guys  make over $85 hour . Down south they make half or even less then half  but everything is less so it equals about the same I think .

Of course, the cost of living is less outside of NYC. That wasn't the point. 

21 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Basic welders make 85 bucks an hour in NYC?

In typical fashion Storm doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. A simple stroll though any online system like Indeed, Career builder and Zip Recruiter will show he is wrong. A Union Welder may have a total package that approaches that but it certainly isn't their wage. The pipe welder is incidental to the pipe fitting and paid at the pipe fitting rate.  The prevailing/Union rate is the highest scale in an area and I'd bet it's under $60 an hour. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, philoshop said:

All of my old pipe welding friends are now retired. The kids I know who are skilled welders are working on the pipelines making about $150k per year. It's a good gig if you're flexible about location and travel.

I have a couple buddies that do it as well. Most of them pull big travel trailers and set up "home" where they are. That 150k is with quite a bit of OT but they usually take about 3 months off and vacation in a nice relaxing place. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Basic welders make 85 bucks an hour in NYC? I'll travel there to make that money lol. Good luck finding someone sounds like a solid gig. Someone will jump on it.

I  know  someone that moved from the Adirondacks to weld down in the NYC   just for that reason.  Bucks $$$  only down side he can't afford to live there has to drive  like hour and half  to get to work  from Putnam . 

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Ours is above and beyond as well. It really isn't that hard to do it right and have the workers protected. Everyone should be able to go home as healthy as they went to work. 

Amen. Glad to hear it!

Poorly managed companies usually always cut costs and safety on its employees..

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wish I knew the first thing about working with metal, fabrication etc

I know something about copper. When I was a plumber apprentice, my hands would be green and my piss would stink. I'm assuming that wasn't healthy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

@Hawk914 According to my research of the collective bargaining agreement, welders in NYC made $50/hr in 2013 and gradually rose to $64/hour in 2017.

Of course, Saturday, Sunday and Holiday Rates are much higher.

Place I used to   patch weld  a railing for stairs charged $85 a hour in Greenwich Connecticut .  

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wish I knew the first thing about working with metal, fabrication etc

It's just like wood working but the tools are different , you start out with a finished product in your head and go from there. 

• Like 1

It's just like wood working but the tools are different , you start out with a finished product in your head and go from there. 

I work with wood a lot and always have sawdust in my eyes, with metal I’d lose my vision permanently within minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I work with wood a lot and always have sawdust in my eyes, with metal I’d lose my vision permanently within minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish i could say i never got metal in my eye , i probably have some in there right now ! 

3 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have a couple buddies that do it as well. Most of them pull big travel trailers and set up "home" where they are. That 150k is with quite a bit of OT but they usually take about 3 months off and vacation in a nice relaxing place. 

There isn't much to do besides work in North Dakota. The primary hobby is just staying alive in the worker encampments. Then again, having some coin in your pocket and a camper allows one to escape for a while during the nice weather.

• Like 1

There isn't much to do besides work in North Dakota. The primary hobby is just staying alive in the worker encampments. Then again, having some coin in your pocket and a camper allows one to escape for a while during the nice weather.

I’ve heard it gets super seedy. Too many young uneducated guys with money to burn and not enough girls leads to a lot of fights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk