Finger Lakes area get-together

philoshop

Looking for any possible interest in a GTG (get-together) in the Geneva area somewhere around July 29th. Just a meet-n-greet kind of thing for HNY'ers for dinner and drinks. Bring your fishing boat and make a day of it. ;-) 2012Taco will be in the area and is in, as am I. Anybody else?

22 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Where ya thinking ? 

I know the owner of Parker's and have done a lot of construction work for him. I think he'd hook us up with at least some favorable seating. Maybe commandeering the deck if the weather is nice. ;-) Casual atmosphere with good burgers, excellent wings, and other bar-type food. ( I don't think they have Berbere wings)  I'm open to other ideas though.

How big is the parking lot?  Was thinking I could bring the boat and fish Seneca and then go there after.  Was watching to see what day.  Unfortunately Sunday night is a tough one for me , it's a 2 hour drive and I get up at 4am on Monday.  I would have to take the day off for sure.  Gotta think on it a bit and see what work brings about.  Don't have any sched time off now til end of sept.  

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

How big is the parking lot?  Was thinking I could bring the boat and fish Seneca and then go there after.  Was watching to see what day.  Unfortunately Sunday night is a tough one for me , it's a 2 hour drive and I get up at 4am on Monday.  I would have to take the day off for sure.  Gotta think on it a bit and see what work brings about.  Don't have any sched time off now til end of sept.  

It's street parking with a municipal lot across the street. A boat trailer wouldn't be a problem. Take two spaces. Unless there's an event at the Smith Opera House that evening or a street festival. I'll check on that.

I'll check with some Town and City officials regarding any possible conflicts with regard to parking and/or other festivities, but I haven't come across anything yet. After a week or so, to gauge interest here, I'll call the owner and see if he can make some Berbere wings. ;-) He'll probably join us.

Between this thread and PM's it looks like about eight to ten interested so far. Keep spreading the word. It'll be a fun evening.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...