Finger Lakes area get-together

philoshop

Thought about coming out to fish a finger lake in the morn then go there.  But a 60 hour week and staring down the barrel of another next week, just can't pull it off and get up at 4 am the next day Monday.   

Gonna hope to get out and fish my home lake this weekend and maybe put up a trail cam or two.   Have fun everybody.  Sounds like good food, good drink and good people.

3 hours ago, philoshop said:

WNY hotdogs were never my favorites, but Costanza rolls beat the snot out of anything around. A couple of Zweigles on a roll would rock your day. I have an interesting Costanza Kimmelweck roll story as well. Ask me at the GTG.

Me or anyone in my family will never eat a Costanza roll on purpose or I will dis-own them. Very personal issue with the owner and I’ll leave it at that . 

Edited by sodfather

35 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Me or anyone in my family will never eat a Costanza roll on purpose or I will dis-own them. Very personal issue with the owner and I’ll leave it at that . 

Did you and George get in a tiff over Elaine ??

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

No,idea what a Constanta roll is, I’m talking  gold metal winning sausage maker . A place where deer hunters spend hundreds on his products, and guys drive sometimes from states away .

http://www.costanzasausage.com/venison.htm

Oooh , I knew what you meant.  

Looking forward to this! I think I may have a bunch of corny looking name tag stickers at work that I'll grab. Will be nice to put a face to a screen name, although TF's bunny suit should pretty identifiable.

I need to get some brush hogging done in the morning so I should have a pretty good appetite going for that menu I looked at online.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Peak a boo, I just landed in Rochester. Now what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to be able to stick around for Sunday? Hope to see you at the GTG.

9 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Well Im free tomorrow want to,go out on Lake Ontario? Wife and I went out today , but I could do two days .

The Smallies should be hot right now. Fast action, great fighters, and about as much fun as you can have with your pants on. ;-)

The Smallies should be hot right now. Fast action, great fighters, and about as much fun as you can have with your pants on. ;-)

I’m just kidding otherwise for sure I would have came

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Looks like about 15 now, not counting spouses or children. Looks like a good GTG!

Plus, I just want to keep this on the front page so more people see it. I told the owner we were looking at 10 to 12 people, and he said he'd rearrange the restaurant as necessary if there were 20 to 30 of us.

• Like 3

For anyone wanting to make a weekend of it, there's a "cruise-n-nite" tonight on that street. Lots of cool cars and old classic guys drinkin' beer. :-) It'll be over before Sunday, however.

It's not as much fun as the Italian Festival, they have better food, but having beers with people/veterans who build cool cars is a good way to spend an evening and make some friends.

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Hmmm 32 miles from me. My Sunday is pretty tied right now but there is always a chance. I got a feeling I may be on the water. If it is crappy out well who knows...…..

Bring the boat and fish Seneca Lake for a while before the GTG. I haven't kept up on the fishing reports but my gut tells me there's something biting right now in that lake.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, Pygmy said:

What Culver said....

The earlier the better for me...I don't like to drive after dark...That's when the MONSTERS come out !!…...

Next one will be a lunch-time gathering. I promise. This one was scheduled around a few people who were going to be in the area around dinner time. I don't like the monsters either.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Next one will be a lunch-time gathering. I promise. This one was scheduled around a few people who were going to be in the area around dinner time. I don't like the monsters either.

Like who?

Maybe I'll wait until next time then.

There were three or four guys who were going to be passing through the area that night, they contacted me, and we set up a time and place to get together. It meshed with all the plans and it was posted here and has become an actual GTG in the area. There's nothing nefarious about a group of people wanting to sit down and have dinner and drinks together. If you want to wait until the next one, that's your prerogative, but I think this one will be fun. Pygmy suggested an earlier GTG because he doesn't like to drive at night. I don't either, to be honest, so maybe the next one will be a lunchtime GTG.

No Philo....I have already made emergency  arrangements....If we need  lodging,  an old friend of mine, a former "hostess"  at Mabel's House of Pleasure, has offered to let us stay in her "rubber room", for a nominal fee, of course...

It pays to have friends.....<<SMILE>>…..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

No Philo....I have already made emergency  arrangements....If we need  lodging,  an old friend of mine, a former "hostess"  at Mabel's House of Pleasure, has offered to let us stay in her "rubber room", for a nominal fee, of course...

It pays to have friends.....<<SMILE>>…..

Tell Mabel I said Hi. Well... uhh...em...er...I'm running for Senator dammit... Don't complicate things...

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to a fun evening. Looks like a lot of the rascals will be out and about!!! Makes for good conversation.

In 1976 we climbed flag-poles and light-poles in that parking lot to steal banners. Yer not gonna do that are ya. I promised the gal at City Hall that we were civil people.