Finger Lakes area get-together

philoshop

21 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I'm looking forward to a fun evening. Looks like a lot of the rascals will be out and about!!! Makes for good conversation.

In 1976 we climbed flag-poles and light-poles in that parking lot to steal banners. Yer not gonna do that are ya. I promised the gal at City Hall that we were civil people.

I haven't climbed a flagpole since Moby Dick was a minnow...

• Like 1

Have fun at the get together today guys. I wish I could have made it, but Nashville has been a blast so far. Spent the night bar hopping between Dierks Bently's bar, Florida Georgia Line's bar, Luke Bryan's bar and Tootsies. Im surprised I made it into work this morning lol. Those Jack & Cokes were going down way too smooth.

• Like 6

Nice to meet you all tonight, Philoshop, Stay at home Nomad, Pygmy, Turkeyfeathers and family. Met for the first time in person, but feels like I've known you for a long time. Good people, good food, and a good time.

TF, thanks for the Sahlens. Up on deck for the grill after work tomorrow.

Pygmy and I made it back to my place before we turned into pumpkins. Well, I think so anyways, he had 10 or so more miles to go.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Looks like I won't make it for this go-round.  I'm sure you guys/gals will have a great time!!

I just made it home, without even hitting any deer...Thanks again Philo, for setting it up and many thanks to Jerry for the ride and good company up and back....Let's do it again soon...  The hot pastrami sandwich I had sure was good  !!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

ff6c2d75b9e6ac9d9ba3195c1491dc88.jpg. Fun time , met some more great guys from this forum , and got to meet a couple more again , delicious food ( lobster roll was divine ) , enjoy those Sahlens hot dogs fellas Thanks philoshop for putting this together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TF, it's pretty cool that your daughter got herself in the shot through the mirror behind us.

• Haha 1

Actually, there advantages to a smaller group...At the Goat, I got to say "HI" to quite a few members, but only got to chat mostly with the ones who sat close to me..  Last night  I got to visit a lot more with TF and Nomad than I did  previously and also got to talk a lot with Philo and Jerry, both of whom I met FTF yesterday for the first time.

It was also nice to meet TF's lovely wife  Michelle  and his beautiful daughter Samantha, who is a celebrity on the forum in her own right, due partly to her talent for sleeping in the woods.....<<grin>>….

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 5

I might set one up at Vonnie's Boathouse for the fall. We can all pick on the wine tour folks (winers) and leaf peepers who stop in. They can be incredibly annoying.

This weekend is the Garlic Fest at Fox Run. Just a short drive south of Geneva. The great thing about the Garlic Fest is that you don't have to worry about garlic breath. Everyone has it! Mild, medium, hot-n-spicy, little clumps of goodness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philoshop said:

I might set one up at Vonnie's Boathouse for the fall. We can all pick on the wine tour folks (winers) and leaf peepers who stop in. They can be incredibly annoying.

This weekend is the Garlic Fest at Fox Run. Just a short drive south of Geneva. The great thing about the Garlic Fest is that you don't have to worry about garlic breath. Everyone has it! Mild, medium, hot-n-spicy, little clumps of goodness.

I've been there a number of times..My nephew is a sales rep for Fox Run...The German White garlic I have been planting for several years now comes from seed bulbs that I bought at the Fox Run festival...

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 8:25 AM, Pygmy said:

So you guys are gonna let ME be the sole representative of Steuben County ?....

Sorry Pygmy, would have loved to gone.. Just another busy summer as usual. Hopefully next time.. Looks like i would have been out of place there.. ugly young lad with all the good looking O.G.'s lol. NExt time i hope!!