Which hot dogs?

MPHunter

Never heard of any of them but I prefer, Sabrett's, Nathan's, and then Grey's Papaya in that order.

I’m not a fan of hot dogs, but i always make Nathan’s on the grill for parties and people love them. Sabrett’s second place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Do you use that in the gas station you own ? Cmon man , that’s like nuking chicken wings 

Have you ever used one? Those grills will cook a hot dog any way you want, from Gas Station style just hot to burnt black and everywhere in between, they have complete heat control settings. As for the so called "Gas Station" hot dogs, they are put on the lowest setting so they can be left on all day if need be so they do not burn, not my idea of a way to cook hot dogs.

Al 

Edited by airedale

All hot dogs should be natural casings, and anyone who cooks them by boiling  needs to be kicked out of the country or at least kept from reproducing. I look forward to trying some of these others , and feel a bit sad for those in NYC, but the winner is of course Zweigle’s.

6C45AD57-FBC9-43B2-B5DB-DA58BE388BE6.png

7 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

All hot dogs should be natural casings, and anyone who cooks them by boiling  needs to be kicked out of the country or at least kept from reproducing. I look forward to trying some of these others , and feel a bit sad for those in NYC, but the winner is of course Zweigle’s.

Ever had their 1/4 pounders?  I really need to find a golf course willing to buy them for me. 

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

This is how hot dogs will be cooked for the get together.  And yes natural casings for sure, need that snap to them. 

Hoffman's on a rake anyone......

cooking-hot-dogs-over-the-campfire.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fletch said:

Being from a north country family I have to lean towards Glazier hot dogs!! Best red dogs in my opinion.

I guy that works for me is from Rochester though and he is all Zweigles lol.

It is a regional thing. Folks here in Syracuse are all about their Hoffmans…...

Glazier it is. 

• Like 1

I’ve been a fan of these guys lately!
fd0b4965a5a545a559db8dced6d42cd2.jpg&key=84ed4fa577141b1e0350010e6539f7e94a9ef3689f7c1ac596a0a7c1db027348

I have all but the wasabi in the fridge, not a wasabi fan.

I love their stuff too. I buy it every year at Rockland hunting/fishing expo

So I think we are beginning to form a contenders list. The pre season ranking has Zweigle's with the most nominations but we all know preseason don't count!!

Contenders that at least 2 posters put up:

Zweigle

Sahlens

Gazier

Hoffman

Nathan

White Eagle

Sabrett

Now we can argue on reds or whites, rolls, sauces, relish and assorted toppings after we get a winning red hotdog!!

lol

• Like 1

I don't eat any hotdogs other than the Zwiegles. I love that tough-skin that pops open when they are done right. I also like them blackened a bit over a good wood fire. Add a side of corn-on-the-cob, and some good potato salad with lots of chopped onions and celery and hard-boiled eggs stirred in (or macaroni salad), and I am in hog heaven!

• Like 1