Which hot dogs?

MPHunter

So I'm out in Buffalo for work and went to Wegman's for lunch. Took a stroll around the store and saw you can get these as foot long hot dogs. The best part is they have the foot long rolls to go with them. I've got to stop back and pick up a couple packages to bring home. You WNY guys, which do you prefer - the Sahlens's or Wardynski's?

hot dogs.jpg

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Philo beat me to it. I've had both of the above, and have to say they don't compare with Zweigels!

Only dog I have had better than zweigels are the constanzas pepper jack.  But for regular store bought, zweigels it is!

• Like 5

Sahlens for sure.

I’ve had a Zweigles red and white hots and prefer Sahlens over those.

I imagine it’s a regional thing. It’s what we grew up with that sets the preference as they are vastly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Only dog I have had better than zweigels are the constanzas pepper jack.  But for regular store bought, zweigels it is!

Had them for Father’s Day ,( constanzas pepperjack ) 

Being from Roch. I go,with Zweigels, and I had to bring them on planes to the West coast more then once .

51DA81D9-70D6-4646-8B8C-8E00591C0CAA.jpeg

• Like 2

Being from a north country family I have to lean towards Glazier hot dogs!! Best red dogs in my opinion.

I guy that works for me is from Rochester though and he is all Zweigles lol.

It is a regional thing. Folks here in Syracuse are all about their Hoffmans…...

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Had them for Father’s Day ,( constanzas pepperjack ) 

Being from Roch. I go,with Zweigels, and I had to bring them on planes to the West coast more then once .

51DA81D9-70D6-4646-8B8C-8E00591C0CAA.jpeg

They are a bit dangerous though.  Don't think I have eaten them without burning myself.  lol

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Being from a north country family I have to lean towards Glazier hot dogs!! Best red dogs in my opinion.

I guy that works for me is from Rochester though and he is all Zweigles lol.

It is a regional thing. Folks here in Syracuse are all about their Hoffmans…...

I sense  a  hotdog war brewing ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I took a few packages of Zweigles to a buffalo grill party and claimed they were the best. Caught a lot of flak for that. I can appreciate the Sahlen's dogs, but in the end even the Zweigle's naysayers were converts and these were hard-core Sahlens supporters. Just d***ed good dogs.

8 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Never heard of any of them but I prefer, Sabrett's, Nathan's, and then Grey's Papaya in that order.

I wouldn't feed any of those to my dog, and she'd eat shoes if given the chance......:bad:

TOP'S grocery has moved to town downstate and I can't get the footlongs but they do stock the Sahlen's.....YUM!

I still go to Ted's when I'm back visiting family, but its great to get a proper hotdog here now. 

Sabretts:rolleyes:......Uhhhhh.....disgusting.

• Like 1