Which hot dogs?

MPHunter

Hotdog war it is!!

I don't like to eat anything that seems pre-chewed. I've eaten a lot of different hot dogs over the years, and most of them seem pre-chewed to me. I'm not a baby bird with my mouth open waiting for momma to drop something in. Years ago I had a 'shrimpdog' in Lousianna. It was a hotdog-shaped thing but filled with shrimp and crab, and it was a bit chewy in a good way. And delicious in every way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Alright !  Who’s heading to the finger lakes meet up and never had Sahlens ?  I’ll throw some in the cooler for you to take home and try. Side note : looking at Lifetime co. cooler purchase which has pretty good reviews.  Third of price of yeti too. 

:rofl: I like the enthusiasm TF. The "hot dog war" of 2018 is apparently heating up. I've had them all, and when standing at a grill I'll pick a Zweigle's every time. It has nothing to do with where I'm from, or any sort of loyalty. To me they're better hotdogs.

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This get together is now an official sausage party. :pleasantry:

You really want to bring sausage into this? It's becoming difficult enough with hotdogs. :-)

• Like 1

Now I also like the New England roll, but it’s hard to,load it . Meat sauce , and onions required , some spicy mustard and perhaps dill pickles . That’s a sloppy mess ! 

Damn I got pork tender loins for the grill tonight .....

• Like 1

So gotta get the Ted's hot sauce and some Weber's. Did not see any props for the Wardynskis so I'm guessing they are out. Are the Sweigels a Rochester thing? BTW my favorite local dogs are White Eagle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

So gotta get the Ted's hot sauce and some Weber's. Did not see any props for the Wardynskis so I'm guessing they are out. Are the Sweigels a Rochester thing? BTW my favorite local dogs are White Eagle

Look forward to your scientific findings 

Look forward to your scientific findings 
I'm seeing a Wardynskis, Sahlens, White Eagle taste off in my future. I'll throw in Hoffman's too since I can get them locally. What about Schweigel? Roch only? I'll be passing through tomorrow. Any place close to the thruway?

30 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

I'm seeing a Wardynskis, Sahlens, White Eagle taste off in my future. I'll throw in Hoffman's too since I can get them locally. What about Schweigel? Roch only? I'll be passing through tomorrow. Any place close to the thruway?

Pretty much any grocery store.  There is a Wegmans 10 min from exit 46.  Zweigels.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Pretty much any grocery store.  There is a Wegmans 10 min from exit 46.  Zweigels.  

If they don't have them at the Buffalo Wegman's I'll give the exit 46 store a try if I have time. I'll be haulin' ass to get home for daughter's last day of school year dinner.

• Like 1

When it comes to hot dogs, brats and sausages I am pretty easy to please but I do like Hoffmans a lot. Sometimes when I have the family over the main course is various brands of assorted dogs. I picked up a commercial style hot dog roller grill and use it for those occasions, it works great and keeps them coming with minimal attention.

Al

71utXpEWXsL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by airedale

12 minutes ago, airedale said:

When it comes to hot dogs, brats and sausages I am pretty easy to please but I do like Hoffmans a lot. Sometimes when I have the family over the main course is various brands of assorted dogs. I picked up a commercial style hot dog roller grill and use it for those occasions, it works great and keeps them coming with minimal attention.

Al

71utXpEWXsL._SL1500_.jpg

Do you use that in the gas station you own ? Cmon man , that’s like nuking chicken wings 

• Like 3