Which hot dogs?

MPHunter

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I don't eat any hotdogs other than the Zwiegles. I love that tough-skin that pops open when they are done right. I also like them blackened a bit over a good wood fire. Add a side of corn-on-the-cob, and some good potato salad with lots of chopped onions and celery and hard-boiled eggs stirred in (or macaroni salad), and I am in hog heaven!

hoffmans has that same natural casing.......thats why i like em.  Im gonna have to try a Zwiegles though.  

Sabretts is the go to; Boars Head (WITH THE SKIN!) is when I’m splurging; Bests Beef Frankfurter was what I grew up with- not always easy to find.

From a truck must be accompanied with mustard and onions and mustard and kraut(gotta love a soggy bun!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little late to the party but I am throwing my vote for Sahlens.....family probably goes through 12lbs a summer.....my 2 an 4 year old eat two a piece for dinner.

My wife's family prefers wardynski's.....I opt for a burger when we go over to there house for cookouts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is that not the real deal? Its what Wegmans had....Let me know because I want to eat what all you guys have been talking up...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not sure I’m not a wester lol

The ones I get have natural casings nice snap.

Glaziers up Malone/Potsdam way.

I've been living in WNY most of my life so I'm a Sahlens dog fan. But I was born in Syracuse and I remember my grandmother bringing us white hots that were awesome! I haven't found anything around here that come close to those. Tried the white hots at Tom Wahls in Avon, not the same. Next time I'm in Syracuse I'll try to find Hoffmans sounds like they might be the ones. She would also bring fry cakes from a local bakery that were the best. (although Paulas donuts are delish!)

I have to give a nod to the venison dogs from Wilsons with cheese and jalapenos they are great!

Bottom line is natural casings, cooked on real charcoal and topped with what ever trips your trigger, and of course toasted rolls!

26 minutes ago, Fletch said:

08b7048e79b1f2d9125589c523008c0a.jpg

Glazier reds in the unmarked bag. I’ll be doing a sample tomorrow!!

And the white ones are coneys. If you threw those out I don’t trust your taste buds lol!

Wardynski jalapeño cheddar dogs are quite good.  Had those last week 

• Like 1

Im from michigan and it is all coney but totally think they are overated.......  I wont eat them..   But everybody has there own choice.  i know a guy that thinks muskrat is better than peter lugers.  i think that is a money thing and has never been to peter lugers or any steak house for that matter.................. 

On 6/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Mhammerhirt graced us with a pack of those.  Simply amazing ! 

I have a few packs left, I’d be happy to give you one, at a meet and Greet .

they're not my favorite ,  even if they were I’d give you some ......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cory said:

I’m from buffalo so it’s sahlens! With Louie’s scum sauce. I don’t get the obsession with teds! My buddy lives in the city and he always brings me sabretts. Good dog with kraut and goldens mustard.

Louie’s scum dogs are indeed top notch but Zorbas $hit canoes trump them 

• Like 2

Ok I had the Zweigle's and its a good dog but sorry my western buddies not the best.

The Wardynski jalapeño cheddar dogs were definitely real good but I feel it is unfair to rate a specialty dog against a straight up dog.

The Hoffman coneys are certainly good if you like coneys, and I do.

For me my Glaziers still hold my top spot for a straight up real casing dog.

I will find some Sahlen's though and give them a shot.

Don't get me wrong I would have any of these dogs and a beer with ya all! We all have our own tastes and I would hate for you all to buy up my Glaziers and cause a shortage or price increase!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1