Let’s talk coolers

turkeyfeathers

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see this back up . Last week we went to Michigan for a few days, I loaded the Orca up with ice ,drinks and food for the road, I much prefer my sandwiches to fast food crap .

Anyway , we go to our Nepwhews house and left the cooler in the back of my black Outback in 90 degree heat for four days Guess what ? I had cold drinks in it for the drive home .

Thats why it’s so worth the money to me , it just works and works well . I didn’t have to stop for ice or gas, as the Outback gets about 600 miles to,the tank on the highway as well .

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Lets bring up an old Yeti thread because their CS BLOWS. My Hopper zipper broke and they no longer make it so they offer me some other models, wonderful. Theyll send it when they receive the broken one. Well I decided to just buy it and when they get the damaged one I will be reimbursed because I want it for upcoming trips. That was 6/23. Since then Ive called these Aholes six or seven times and they say oh yes, its shipped we will email you tracking. Nothing. I called again this weekend, oh your card didnt go through (ten days earlier, so I guess it didnt ship?). Give them the number for the third time and am told I will receive a tracking number. Nothing. Call today, "oh your card number isnt processing." I give it to them again, "you will receive a tracking number shortly". Instead I get an RA number for the broken one again. Im on hold now because, "the cooler you want was backordered. It will go out today". So they never had it to begin with. I hate blatant lying. I have bought five of these things as gifts for our brokers, never again. A huge part of the problem is these reps are working from home and every time they need to connect with the last rep I spoke to or a supervisor I go on hold while they make a phone call

Moral of the story buy an RTIC equivalent cooler instead of a Yeti Hopper. I've used mine with no complaints. I like it over the hard coolers because it's light weight vs lugging around a mini kayak. My parents are still using there's with no complaints. They got theirs by fishing it out of the gulf. It was just floating there, miles out. Rinsed off the salt water and washed it out. Slightly faded but works just as good as my "newer" one.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yeti is one of those companies that seems to be capable of surviving and thriving despite lots of claims of poor CS, anti-2A/hunting stances, and competition catching up to their disruptor product.

And, they do that through aggressive marketing and sitting atop the product vertical. 

It's a status symbol as much as it is a practical quality product IMO.

All that said...most people don't realize just how big they are. Publicly traded, $1B+ in revenue with 12-20% margins. If I follow the paper trail, the original founders sold 2/3 of the company to a PE group for $67M; that remaining third they held onto is worth about 10X that based on valuation. 

Most people see them as a small player selling fancy coolers. Yeah, a billion dollars a year of 'em.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

Moral of the story buy an RTIC equivalent cooler instead of a Yeti Hopper. I've used mine with no complaints. I like it over the hard coolers because it's light weight vs lugging around a mini kayak. My parents are still using there's with no complaints. They got theirs by fishing it out of the gulf. It was just floating there, miles out. Rinsed off the salt water and washed it out. Slightly faded but works just as good as my "newer" one.

Thanks I just looked at them , I have a full sized Orca cooler I got when YETI went anti gun, and ORCA put theirs  on sale and with free shipping to capitalize on that ,oh and a free hat ! 

The 30 can RTIC,is very reasonably priced ,I may grab it for  FLA this winter . 
https://huntingwaterfalls.com/best-soft-coolers-for-ice-retention/

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Yeti is one of those companies that seems to be capable of surviving and thriving despite lots of claims of poor CS, anti-2A/hunting stances, and competition catching up to their disruptor product.
And, they do that through aggressive marketing and sitting atop the product vertical. 
It's a status symbol as much as it is a practical quality product IMO.
All that said...most people don't realize just how big they are. Publicly traded, $1B+ in revenue with 12-20% margins. If I follow the paper trail, the original founders sold 2/3 of the company to a PE group for $67M; that remaining third they held onto is worth about 10X that based on valuation. 
Most people see them as a small player selling fancy coolers. Yeah, a billion dollars a year of 'em.

The reason I buy them for customers is their "cache". I always give them a gift receipt from Dicks and say do with this what you will. Never again though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Lets bring up an old Yeti thread because their CS BLOWS. My Hopper zipper broke and they no longer make it so they offer me some other models, wonderful. Theyll send it when they receive the broken one. Well I decided to just buy it and when they get the damaged one I will be reimbursed because I want it for upcoming trips. That was 6/23. Since then Ive called these Aholes six or seven times and they say oh yes, its shipped we will email you tracking. Nothing. I called again this weekend, oh your card didnt go through (ten days earlier, so I guess it didnt ship?). Give them the number for the third time and am told I will receive a tracking number. Nothing. Call today, "oh your card number isnt processing." I give it to them again, "you will receive a tracking number shortly". Instead I get an RA number for the broken one again. Im on hold now because, "the cooler you want was backordered. It will go out today". So they never had it to begin with. I hate blatant lying. I have bought five of these things as gifts for our brokers, never again. A huge part of the problem is these reps are working from home and every time they need to connect with the last rep I spoke to or a supervisor I go on hold while they make a phone call

August 5th and I still dont have my money back. Just hung up and they said they will expedite it and I should see the credit by "the end of the week". I cant believe how bad their CS sucks. NEVER AGAIN

• Like 1

August 5th and I still dont have my money back. Just hung up and they said they will expedite it and I should see the credit by "the end of the week". I cant believe how bad their CS sucks. NEVER AGAIN
Their interest free loan is probably being put to good liberal use as we speak. lol

• Haha 1