Bear search in Amherst

Jeremy K

Shouldn't be a big deal. Probably just a young bear searching for a quiet place to call home. Where people and bigger bears leave him alone.  We have had similar sightings recently in this area too. Middle school, public library, nursing home.  Most of the time the bears get the hint, where they are not wanted and move off on their own. 

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Once every couple of years within 15-20 miles one gets spotted. Dang it. I want to see one. Guess the buffalo zoo is my only hope 

29 minutes ago, grampy said:

Are bears pretty rare in this area?

I have been tracking this one all the way from Quebec for weeks now.  We are both exhausted!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Once every couple of years within 15-20 miles one gets spotted. Dang it. I want to see one. Guess the buffalo zoo is my only hope 

They are common enough here, to when you see one, it's like, "oh a bear".  Seen them many times while hunting. Couple encounters were a bit close for my comfort. And for the bears too, I guess. Hope I never lose the thrill of seeing them in the wild!

44 minutes ago, grampy said:

They are common enough here, to when you see one, it's like, "oh a bear".  Seen them many times while hunting. Couple encounters were a bit close for my comfort. And for the bears too, I guess. Hope I never lose the thrill of seeing them in the wild!

I am coming out to bear hunt.  If you smell burnt honey, its not lunch!

• Like 2

Some goofball made an Amherstbear twitter handle the last time one wandered this way. It was actually pretty funny. In good humor they “taunted” the news and the police. Both the news outlets and the police saw the joke and ran with it. Hopefully the twitter handle starts up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got things under control if he meanders dis way. Fresh apples in the box trap. I got this ! But first I gotta let go the chipmunk I just caught. And excuse the clover , was going to weed n feed til our local mead bartender said what a tough year the honeybees are having. And they like clover. 728da7391df6e8f34216a8ee2ae08b78.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Someone reported a bear sighting in North tonawanda just now on 17th avenue.

Sorry for the confusion.  It was me in my bear suit.  Still tracking that rascal and wanted a bit of an edge in getting a shot off if I catch him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1