Bear search in Amherst

Jeremy K

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I always wondered why they don’t hit the streams when steelhead and salmon are running, too many people around I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That and those streams are unfamiliar to them as they’ve never encountered those streams I think. Just roaming around aimlessly in all new territory 

get sightings and trail cam pics every year around here.  still few enough and spread out that i haven't seen one in wild or gotten a trail cam picture of one. yet a couple years ago someone shot a boar that dressed out at 250lbs almost under my most used stand.

A group of men go up into the mountains to go bear hunting. The first morning out, Bill goes out on his own. He comes to a clearing on a hill overlooking a field and sees a bear slowly strolling across the field. He gets the bear in his sites and fires. He then looks all around, but he can't find the bear.

All of a sudden, he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around, and there's the bear. The bear knocks the gun out of his hands, and Bill stands there shaking in his boots.

The bear yells at him, saying he's sick and tired of being shot at and gives Bill an ultimatum. The bear tells him that he can either drop to his knees and blow him, or the bear will eat his face.

Bill immediately drops to his knees and obliges the bear. The bear walks away contented and Bill find his way back to the cabin.

The next morning, Bill takes an even bigger gun with him and goes to the same place he saw the bear before. And sure enough, there was the bear strolling across the field again. Bill gets all excited, gets the bear in his sites and shoots! He looks all around, but there is no bear. All of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder again. He turns around, and, surprise, there's the bear. The bear looks at him, knocks the gun out of his hand, and says,''You know the routine.''

Bill drops to his knees and obliges the bear again. When he's done, the bear walks away smoking a cigarette and Bill stumbles back to his cabin.

Bill is all pissed off now. He grabs the biggest gun he can find and heads to the same spot again. And sure enough, there is the bear strolling across the field again. He gets the bear in his sites, and says to himself, ''Now this bear's gonna fuckin' get it!'' He pulls the trigger and, "Ka-BOOM!" He looks all over again, but no bear. Then, just as before, he feels the same tap at his shoulder. He turns around, there's the bear standing there with a big smirk on his face. He looks down at Bill and says, ''You're not in this for the hunting are you?'''

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like the Clarence bear is playing golf this morning at Ivy Ridge in Akron 7:30 this morning on hole #6. Heard he was -2 at the turn. d187940ed1faed7d783bad2125898962.jpg&key=fe5eae1b3492da33bfa1be35d9054a569d21a720d01a18ea847284649df1a11e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I holed out from 205 yards on the hole this was taken from, for birdie. And it’s a par 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2