Well, this is awkward, Biz?

Jdubs

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

I think that would only hold true if they are indeed equal but these groups start out in the negative.  The rate of depression and suicide amongst these groups are higher than normal.  When you're constantly being told since you were you're worthless, a freak of nature, etc., sometimes a parade to help make them proud of who they are can be helpful.

I believe firmly in what I said, but what you say is an issue as well.  The suicides, and such I think are a bullying issue in my opinion which really goes with what you're saying.  I graduated in 04, and when I was in high school if you punched someone and drew blood you would be arrested from what I was told.  Well these kids who get bullied seem as if they are good kids, and I feel they would be afraid to beat the bully up in fear of getting in trouble.  Well, as a result I feel they keep bottling up the emotion of being bullied to the point they can't take it, and unfortunately some commit suicide.  It just seems that since kids dont fight, and then walk home together, and so on, like my dad, and grandpa's era that these suicide rates climb now.  I sort of changed topic a little, but I feel its all related.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

I think that would only hold true if they are indeed equal but these groups start out in the negative.  The rate of depression and suicide amongst these groups are higher than normal.  When you're constantly being told since you were you're worthless, a freak of nature, etc., sometimes a parade to help make them proud of who they are can be helpful.

homosexuality use to be classified as a  psychological problem. And still is in a lot of the world 

So we went from there to here  go figure  

And if it is a psychological problem is Society really helping them by just ignoring it ? 

Edited by Storm914

51 minutes ago, left field said:

I do.

If your hand is anything like Steve Austin's, I'm screwed.

All in good fun, I don't think anyone logs on for aggravation.  Besides, I just got my hand back after a 6 month repair, not going through that again, lol. xD

• Like 1

A Marine Gunnery Sergeant was retiring...

When asked by a reporter why he decided to retire he replied....

" When I joined the Corps , being homosexual was not allowed.... Then they made it optional...

I'm gonna get out before they make it MANDATORY.."....

• Like 1

Ah this whole bullying thing, has me idk confused . I graduated HS in ‘77, we were all bullied and bullies .

to ride my bike to my friends house I had to avoid an older group of guys, otherwise they would routinely run out and punch me as I rode by, I got good at taking a punch and not falling off the bike ..... I’d get to,my buddies forget about it and shoot hoops .

In school there was this one kid two grades  above me and he flunked at couple years as well, he’d just walk up,behind me and whack me in the back of my head or kick me, fighting back , would have cost me a couple teeth I’d guess .

I have a friend who went to East High, he didn’t look like most there , and would get down right beat, he had to run home from school  through backyards jumping fences . One time his buddy went down and was beat with a brick, my buddy stayed on his feet and faired better .

Another friend went to Charlotte HS and got hit by the BB team almost daily .He was a tall pale, very thin kid and easy target in that school .

So when folks are bullied with words, I just kinda think , wow that would have been nice because we got words and fists .

I’m a lesbian trapped in a mans body 
THAT'S IT I'M OFFENDED! I once said hello to a lesbian and she was very nice. Now that you said that I feel completely butthurt and totally disparaged against!

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

When i was a kid ,sticks and stones could break my bones but names could never hurt me . How times have changed.

It is now literally taught, “sticks and stones may break my bones but names REALLY hurt me.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

It is now literally taught, “sticks and stones may break my bones but names REALLY hurt me.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad, isnt it? Many people are raising a bunch of pansies that are going to have a hard time handling life when theres no more mommy and daddy around to make all of their precious hurt feelings feel better. I honestly think its why kids shoot up schools and things like that these days.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ah this whole bullying thing, has me idk confused . I graduated HS in ‘77, we were all bullied and bullies .

to ride my bike to my friends house I had to avoid an older group of guys, otherwise they would routinely run out and punch me as I rode by, I got good at taking a punch and not falling off the bike ..... I’d get to,my buddies forget about it and shoot hoops .

In school there was this one kid two grades  above me and he flunked at couple years as well, he’d just walk up,behind me and whack me in the back of my head or kick me, fighting back , would have cost me a couple teeth I’d guess .

I have a friend who went to East High, he didn’t look like most there , and would get down right beat, he had to run home from school  through backyards jumping fences . One time his buddy went down and was beat with a brick, my buddy stayed on his feet and faired better .

Another friend went to Charlotte HS and got hit by the BB team almost daily .He was a tall pale, very thin kid and easy target in that school .

So when folks are bullied with words, I just kinda think , wow that would have been nice because we got words and fists .

14 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Completely different world and it sucks........  Everybody was a bully or got bullied and it sucked but kinda built character.  I would hate to grow up today.....  My kids are 10 and 9 and we still do not let them wander the neighborhood...  No parents do.  It is all playdates. When I was kid I was out of house at 730 am in summer and on some days already beat up or gotten beaten up twice by noon and already made up with enemy by 300 and did not come home till dinner at 600....... 

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Sad, isnt it? Many people are raising a bunch of pansies that are going to have a hard time handling life when theres no more mommy and daddy around to make all of their precious hurt feelings feel better.

When there's no more mommy or daddy around to protect their feelings, they will petition the government to become their surrogate parent, or more accurately their Big Brother, to beat up all the people they see as bullies.  That will be anyone that disagrees with their beliefs.  Group think and collectivist thought will dictate what is acceptable and what is not.  Brave New World folks.

• Like 2

" Hug me Honey, snugly bunny, love is good as soma"....Aldous Huxley, Brave New World.....

How in heck did I remember THAT line  ?  I read it over 50 years ago...

Can't remember what I had for breakfast, tho…..Hehehe...

• Haha 1

But this isn't the same type of bullying.  Like Nomad said, he'll get bullied but then he'll just go to his buddies and shoot hoops and forget about the whole thing.  His buddies was his support group.  Many of these people don't actually have support groups.  Not even their parents.  Heck, some of them , their parents are part of the bullying.  They might suspect another person is also like them or be supportive but are too afraid to reveal themselves because they're not 100% certain so they don't branch out and try.  I'm sure none of us are too afraid that people might discover that we're straight and wonder how they would react to us.  None of us are afraid that if people at work might find out we're straight and it might cost us a promotion or change our work dynamics.  Many of the bullying that you're thinking of is where you're like the other 98% and it's the 2% that is bullying you.  These people live in a world where they're only 2% and they're trying to wonder which of the 98% that's surrounding them is safe to talk to.

I have a friend who I use to work with.  He hid his status for the longest time.  He use to be real uptight at work.  One time, he was caught out after work.  Once he found out we were cool with it, he was a completely different person at work.  Much more relaxed.  He would start joking with us, etc.

I have a distant cousin in his late teens who I know for a fact is gay.  But he hasn't mentioned it.  I know his mom.  She is an old school strict disciplinarian.  She would flip out.  I'm pretty sure she knows but is in denial.  I've only met this cousin a handful of times in a group settings (BBQs, birthday parties, etc.).  He'll probably get disowned if he ever had the conversation with his parents.  I have yet to have the chance but I would like to let him know that what ever he decides to do, I'll have his back.

That's what the parade is for.  To help inspire some of them to come out of their shells.  To let them know that if you can't talk to your mom and dad about your troubles, you can talk to me.  Something you and I don't need because we're not afraid to be straight.